Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/10/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position exists to provide program management to include student support, office management, and updating and monitoring budgets for the Alternative Licensure Program (ALP), and the special education Alternative Licensure Program (ALP-SED). Provides accurate information and practical solutions to current and potential Extended Campus programs and participants.
1. Provide office management and support for the day-to-day operation of the ALP programs. Compose and generate correspondence to all ALP participants, academic and administrative departments at the University, participating school districts, and the Colorado Department of Education (CDE). Develop, implement and maintain appropriate file systems and forms for the ALP programs. Create and update office processes and procedures associated with the ALP program. Determine and implement new processes and procedures as necessary. Update and maintain ALP participant database to store, retrieve, and manipulate data and provide informational and statistical reports. Create and edit ALP contracts and MOU’s with school districts.
2. Explain the Alternative Licensure Program (ALP) undergraduate and graduate program requirements to potential candidates in person, by telephone, and via e-mail, including CDE requirements for candidates as well as admission, registration, student health insurance, financial aid, and payment procedures. Advise students and potential students regarding school district hiring trends and the CDE application process. Address student issues and complaints and determine best solutions.
3. Analyze and authorize expenditures from the ALP budget ensuring all expenditures are approved and match the budget. Report the final budget data to the grant PI for the end of year report. Monitor and update auxiliary, foundation, and federal awards for accurate payroll allocations and expenditures, and make adjustments as necessary. Create and maintain a record system for tuition deposits. Review monthly budget printouts for the ALP budget to reconcile the account and detect possible errors or discrepancies. Assist with creating yearly ALP budgets and update budgets throughout the year as necessary. Prepare faculty and coaching contracts and salary supplemental forms. Monitor and update coaching timesheets and hours worked. Create and manage ALP special purchase orders (SPO) and purchase orders (PO).
4. Examine undergraduate and graduate admission application materials. Verify admissions eligibility for graduate ALP-SED candidates and work with ALP-SED Director to identify exceptions. Work with Teacher Ed department to ensure all standards for the graduate program are maintained. Enter student registrations and monitor student progress in the ALP program. Prepare monthly billing to school districts for student tuition payments via payroll deduction. Liaison with Admissions, Registration, Student Accounts, Financial Aid and Student Health Insurance to troubleshoot problems and determines solutions. Work with the Teacher Education department, Financial Aid, and Registrar’s Office to identify ALP-SED MAT students are differentiated from the traditional MAT students. Address issues with former ALP students to include licensure issues, transfers, and complaints and determine best course of action to resolve the issue.
5. Manage and update the ALP website, determining layout and content on the site. Ensure all information, policies and procedures are accurate and up-to-date, including current CDE requirements. Work with IT as needed to create and maintain the secure student registration site.
6. Review the legal requirements found in S.B. 09-160 and Colorado Department of Education (CDE) requirements, to ensure the MSU Denver Alternative Licensure Program is in legal compliance. Monitor and report updates/changes to the ALP staff regarding the ALP legal requirements. Evaluate each student’s status with CDE, ensuring all ALP students meet the legal requirements. In the event of non-compliance, determine steps needed to ensure compliance and consult with ALP Directors to ensure compliance. Manage all CDE paper work to ensure all documentation is complete, accurate and all licensure forms are maintained for proper documentation. Manage all out-of-state licensure paperwork for any previous ALP students.
7. Assist in development of new Extended Campus opportunities including; market research, promotion, and logistical support.
8. Explain various Extended Campus programs to potential students/public in person, and by telephone. Create and maintain databases for various Extended Campus programs. Provide support to extended campus program assistants. Other duties as assigned.
•Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience (Note: one year of education is equivalent to two years of experience)
•A minimum of three years of experience managing, supporting, and overseeing daily program activities
•Must have at least one year of experience monitoring budgets
•At least one year of experience creating, maintaining and reporting documents and spreadsheets through the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
•Prior knowledge of MSU Denver policies and procedures for Academic and Student Affairs, Administrative Computing, Administration and Finance, and the Foundation.
•Experience using BANNER or related database system
•Experience in higher education or other academic setting.
•Ability to interpret and use Colorado Department of Education alternative licensure requirements to guide MSU Denver ALP program compliance.
•Experience updating and managing a department website.
•Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.