Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/22/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The School of Education(SOE)at Metropolitan State University of Denver invites applications for a full-time Associate Dean to begin July 2015.
Works closely with the Dean and each SOE Department Chair, Faculty, and Staff to realize the vision, the mission, and the goals of the School. Helps shape the direction of the School of Education by collaborating with the Dean in all phases of personnel and resource planning. This involves consulting about daily management of three academic departments in which 11 licensure programs are housed. This management includes: 1) Assist the Dean in personnel matters including faculty affairs (ADA issues, staffing, scheduling, and evaluation); 2) Assist the Dean with supervision and evaluation of staff; 3) Assist the Dean with student issues including grade appeal requests, grievances, standards of conduct, Title Nine investigations, and petitions to the Board of Academic Standards Exceptions (BASE); 4) Assist the Dean in recruiting and retaining diverse students and faculty; 5)Oversee and direct all assessment efforts; 6) Oversee and direct all accreditation and program review efforts; 7) Represent the SOE on various university committees; 8) Oversee curriculum development, review, and implementation; 9)Assist the Dean with Community outreach to P-12 schools to develop sustainable partnerships and develop community-based research projects;10)Support faculty in developing service learning opportunities in the community.
1) Terminal degree in Education.
2) Academic credentials sufficient for tenure in the School of Education.
3) Evidence of providing leadership for faculty development and evaluation, supervision and development of staff, development of curriculum, program assessment, and national and/or state accreditation.
1) At least three years successful academic administrative experience at the level of department chair or above.
2) Experience in urban higher education demonstrating the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population.
3) Knowledge of and experience with assessment and accreditation processes.
4) Successful experience in developing undergraduate and/or graduate programs.
5) Experience effectively mediating student concerns.
6) Experience supervising and managing faculty and staff.
7) Demonstrable record of successful outreach to and retention of students and faculty of color.
8) Experience with curriculum from a perspective that includes diverse students and first generation students.
9) Demonstrable record of community engagement, e.g., outreach to K-12 schools, partnerships for community-based research projects, service learning courses, etc.
10)Demonstrated knowledge of and dedication to undergraduate and graduate teaching and learning.
11)Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
In order for your application to be complete you must submit: curriculum vitae, cover letter, unofficial transcript and a list of three professional references.
Three letters of reference will be required of all finalist candidates.
If you cannot attach copies of your unofficial transcripts or any of the documents required at the time of application, you must submit them via e-mail to:
Attn: Dr. Lisa Altemueller
Search #: E 908, School of Education, Associate Dean
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.