Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/20/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Los Rios Community College District
Vice President, Student Services and Enrollment Management
Cosumnes River College (CRC), located in south Sacramento County, and its center in Elk Grove provide a dynamic learning environment for more than 14,000 students. The open access, student-centered campus prepares students to realize their educational and career goals through exemplary transfer, general, and career education in an academically rigorous and inclusive environment. Cosumnes River College also offers exceptional instruction in basic skills and English for non-native speakers, as well as a broad array of life-long learning and workforce development programs.
CRC awards Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees, Career Technical Education certificates, and transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education at a four year college or university. CRC is an educational organization that values diversity, focuses on creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach their full potential as informed and productive members of the community.
Founded in 1970, Cosumnes River College is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable values. The college provides technologically updated classrooms and offers a variety of schedules for those that need flexibility.
As one of the four colleges that comprise the Los Rios Community College District, our faculty and staff promote an ethic of caring and mutual respect, fairness and integrity which are part of our Honor Code. Our highly diverse student body learns how to be successful students and productive citizens in a beautiful learning environment that has seen new facilities built and improved upon in recent years.
Under the direction of the college president, the Vice President, Student Services and Enrollment Management, has the responsibility for the general supervision and direction of students and student services, including but is not limited to, the following: the selection, supervision, and evaluation of student services personnel; the development and supervision of appropriate budgets; improvement of student services program in day, evening and summer sessions, while supporting the development of a climate which promotes innovation and which develops appropriate outcomes assessment for both programs and services to evaluate the effectiveness of the student learning and success programs; collaborating with the other vice presidents and managers in the development of processes which are student friendly and supportive of student success; and working cooperatively with the management team and the district staff in all areas of responsibility.
• Serves as an educational leader and Chief Student Services Officer of the college by providing leadership for academic programs and services that support student learning and student development.
• Provides leadership in the use of technology for both administrative and instructional functions.
• Serves as a member of the Cosumnes River College administrative team to assist in the coordination of all campus activities.
• Works with other college and district executives (Vice Presidents, Vice Chancellor, Associate Vice Chancellor, and Directors) to review, coordinate and implement the District Strategic Plan, advises on policy matters related to the college and promotes effective student learning in a multi-college environment.
• Promotes the assessment of student learning outcomes in order to determine the effectiveness of student services.
• Provides leadership to faculty for continued evaluation and improvement of programs.
• Maintains liaison with state colleges, universities, and other community colleges on matters relating to student services, articulation and transfer programs.
• Establishes and maintains positive and harmonious working relationships with a diverse population of students, staff and community.
• Works collaboratively with the Academic Senate and faculty in a participatory governance environment.
• Promotes professional development and supports a climate that fosters quality, innovation and educational equity.
• Works with other college and district executives to coordinate and implement compliance with Federal and state laws and regulations including CA Education Code and Title V regulations and District policies and regulations.
• Assists in formulating, organizing, implementing, and evaluating professional development projects.
• Works with other college and district executives to determine staffing needs and supervises the preparation of position specifications for recommendation to the President.
• Assists with the development of partnerships with external agencies.
• Acts and serves on assigned college, district, and community committees.
• Employs techniques such as interest-based conflict resolution and other appropriate strategies to resolve disputes and to enhance communication and cooperation among the members of the college and district communities.
• Serves as general administrator of students and instructional functions at the college through the Dean of Counseling and Student Services, Dean of Student Services and Enrollment Management, Dean of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts, and Dean of Library and Instructional Technology.
• These functions include, but are not limited to, the following: Admissions, records, enrollment; counseling, assessment, student success, articulation; health services, student development, disability support programs and services, financial aid. Additional functions include: Advise on instructional division use of FTE, support instructional programs within the divisions, ensure communication between instruction and student services; Provide support and guidance to library services and college IT services.
• Serves as the lead administrator for implementing and assessing the Student Success and Support Program (SSSP) Plan, Student Equity Plan, and Basic Skills Initiative.
• Collaborates with instructional leaders and institutional research to foster innovation through an empirically sound culture of inquiry and decision making.
• Plans, develops and administers the budget for the service areas; provides direction and advice regarding fiscal management of student and campus organizations; advises student government concerning budgetary planning/fiscal management.
• Coordinates instruction-related student activities with the Vice President for Instruction and Student Learning.
• Supervises student disciplinary procedures and due process procedures with the assistance of the administrative offices of the college.
• Serves as the coordinator of enrollment management, including recruitment, persistence and retention activities and the development of appropriate tracking models for enrollment management.
• Prepares and assists in reports as necessary for the College President; keeps informed of legislation which affects community college student services programs.
• Serves as a member of the College President's executive staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Works evenings and weekends as required.
1. Have a master's degree* from an accredited institution completed by July, 2015.
2. Two full years of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator's administrative assignment.
3. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college. To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website at www.losrios.edu; select "Job Openings", then "Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges".
Beginning and/or Ending Dates:
Full-time, Twelve month Educational Administrative Position
Beginning on or about July, 2015.
To receive full consideration applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District position are required to submit:
1. Los Rios Community College Administrative Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work ** ("graduate advising documents and grade reports" will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts) NOTE: Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
**Note: Applications submitted without transcripts will be disqualified. Also individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Administrative/Executive/Faculty Positions: Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses.
Administrative/Executive Positions: Administrative positions may be subject to the District's Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Additional Salary Information:
Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
CRC (Cosumnes River College)
CRC President's Office
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/571036
LRCCD embraces diversity as one of the core values of the organization.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.