Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Academic Programs this position is responsible for the overall administration and coordination of the following: diploma, certificate, AAS, AA/AS degree programs, Career and Technical Education, Extended Studies, and Concurrent Enrollment. This position is also responsible for special programs and projects as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Academic Programs.
Completed masters degree minimum, doctorate preferred, from an accredited university or college and a minimum of three years of relevant professional or administrative experience at the director or executive level at a medium/large North American or open admission public community college, college, or university, with a demonstrated record of success. Further details regarding the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities can be found at www.uvu.jobs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Comprehensive knowledge of the community college academic mission, structure, and programs.
Comprehensive knowledge of academic trends, developments, and challenges facing community colleges at the national level.
Comprehensive knowledge of specific duties and responsibilities of programs and functions within Extended Studies, Concurrent Enrollment, and Career and Technical Education.
Ability to translate university mission and priorities into strategic and operational plans for community college programs, in collaboration with other university entities.
Work effectively and efficiently, in a team-oriented environment, with various institutional units to plan, implement, and evaluate relevant instructional programs.
Apply creative problem-solving and data-driven decision-making skills.
Successfully apply strong management, communication, and organizational skills in a developing environment.
Comprehensive knowledge of state and local governmental educational demands and goals.
Effectively represent, with confidence and integrity, a complex institution in a variety of public settings.
Understanding of budget development and budget oversight and control.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a credentials check, an employment check, and criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.