Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/19/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Accounting Instructor 2015
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://jobs.miracosta.edu
Accounting Instructor 2015
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to http://apptrkr.com/568830
Discipline or Department
One full-time (10 months per year), tenure-track faculty position, beginning in August 2015. The position is based in the Department of Business. To view the Accounting program website, go to http://www.miracosta.edu/instruction/accounting/index.html. The standard work week for this position is forty (40) hours. The standard instructional work week shall consist of thirty (30) hours of instructional time, curriculum development, preparation and student evaluation. The remaining time will consist of five (5) hours of student engagement (of which at least two (2) hours must be designated office hours), and five (5) hours of departmental activities and collegial governance (i.e., institutional service). The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
Basic Function and Other Details
MiraCosta College's Accounting Program invites applications for a full-time (10 months per year), tenure-track faculty position beginning in August 2015. Principle responsibilities include teaching accounting and related courses within the accounting curriculum at both the skill based and transfer level and providing leadership in program initiatives such as Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) design and assessment, the updating and development of new curriculum within the accounting program, and participation in other program efforts such as the VITA program and the Accounting/Business Club.
The successful candidate for this position will have both relevant experiences in the accounting field and expertise in teaching courses in accounting, including, but not limited to, Practical Accounting (Bookkeeping), Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Computer Accounting (QuickBooks), and Individual and Corporate Income Tax and other courses as added to the accounting curriculum, including both on ground and online modalities. The successful candidate will also have the skills necessary for scheduling and supervising associate faculty in the Accounting program. Adherence to all District policies and procedures is expected.
Students take courses in the Accounting Program to prepare for transfer to the four year college and university, and/or to build skills for success in all college courses and in the workplace. The program currently consists of two full-time faculty members and a number of associate faculty committed to providing students with a learning experience that is diverse, rich, and academically rigorous.
(E = essential job function)
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Provide instruction in all areas of the Accounting program, both in the transfer level and employment preparatory classes. (E)
2. Participate in typical departmental, program, and faculty functions such as service on hiring committees, performance of faculty evaluations, collaboration with staff, and participation in department meetings. (E)
3. Take a leadership role with other full-time instructors of the Accounting program in coordinating curriculum and mentoring associate faculty in all courses within the accounting program. (E)
4. Assist in developing and maintaining relevant instructional support materials for both on ground and online delivery of courses within the Accounting program. (E)
5. Maintain currency of curriculum for all instructional modalities and offered courses offered within the Accounting program and actively participate in the development of new accounting curricula in collaboration with other accounting instructors in accordance with advisory board recommendations. (E)
6. Participate in the development, assessment, and evaluation of student learning outcomes (SLOs), program level outcomes (PLSOs), and institutional level outcomes (ISLOs). (E)
7. Assist in recruiting students and promoting the accounting program through participation in college-sponsored events, student clubs, the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (VITA), and educational outreach.
8. Participate in college-wide committee work and collegial governance. (E)
9. Maintain relevant currency in all areas appropriate to the position, to enhance meeting the essential functions of the position. (E)
Adherence to all district policies and procedures is expected.
Type of Benefits
SALARY POLICY AND FRINGE BENEFITS:
For current salary schedule, go to http://www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/AcadSalarySchedule_2014Dec.pdf.
MiraCosta College offers a comprehensive package of benefits, which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; other optional coverages. Faculty members are also covered under the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS).
IMPORTANT: If you do not follow the instructions below, your application may not be forwarded to the committee.
To provide evidence that you meet the minimum qualifications listed below, the transcripts you are attaching must state the degree title, major, and date awarded.
If your degree major EXACTLY matches the degree major(s) listed below, you do not need to request equivalency. For example, the transcripts you are attaching state: "Degree title: Master of Arts; Major: Accountancy; Confer Date: 12/12/12." The minimum qualifications listed below state: Master's in Accountancy.
If your degree major DOES NOT EXACTLY match the degree major(s) listed below, you must REQUEST EQUIVALENCY. For example, the transcripts you are attaching state: "Degree title: Master of Arts; Major: Accounting; Confer Date: 5/9/12." This exact degree major is not listed below, so does not directly meet minimum qualifications. You MUST REQUEST EQUIVALENCY.
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
1. a Master's degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration; OR
2. a Bachelor's degree in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis or economics with an accounting emphasis AND a Master's degree in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, or finance; OR
3. a Bachelor's degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration, AND a CPA license valid in California; OR
4. a valid California Community College teaching credential in the appropriate subject matter; OR
5. the equivalent. View the equivalency instructions and guidelines at http://www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/Equivalency.pdf; AND
6. sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
All degrees and units used to satisfy the minimum qualifications must be from postsecondary institutions accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation. Or if your degree/coursework is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. A list of agencies can be found at http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf.
The college seeks candidates who have achieved the highest level of professional excellence as demonstrated by:
1. Possession of a professional certification in the accounting or finance field, (CPA or CMA);
2. Relevant successful business employment in accounting and/or accounting-management positions and academic preparation in accounting;
3. Recent experience and demonstrated success in teaching accounting at the college level, including at least one accounting course currently offered at MiraCosta College;
4. Ability to successfully coordinate and implement multiple course sections and teaching modalities;
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic communication;
6. Ability to successfully create, market, and promote classes or programs;
7. Demonstrated skill in applying current technology in the instruction of accounting;
8. Demonstrated ability to work closely and collaboratively with students and colleagues in support of a positive, productive, and professional academic environment;
9. Commitment to the community college mission of providing lower division instruction and career and technical education for students of diverse abilities, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
Licenses and Other Requirements
CPA license valid in California, if used to meet the minimum qualifications
Human Resources Contact Information
email@example.com or 760.795.6854
Special Instructions to Applicants
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following:
1. Application for academic employment.
2. A cover letter addressed to the "Screening and Interview Committee" specifically describing how you meet the desirable qualifications and the representative duties.
3. A separate document stating your teaching philosophy, not to exceed one page.
4. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience. Please include a reverse chronological list of college courses taught by course name, institution, and dates.
5a. Transcripts of ALL college degrees/coursework needed to qualify for this position; unofficial or legible copies are acceptable but must indicate that the degree(s) has been conferred, if applicable. A diploma will not be accepted in lieu of transcripts. An equivalency narrative and supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application if (i) you do not possess the EXACT degree title(s) listed in the Minimum Qualifications section above or (ii) your qualifying degree will not be awarded before the position begins. (View the instructions for equivalency requests at http://www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/Equivalency.pdf.)
If your qualifying degree is in progress but will be conferred BEFORE the position begins in August 2015, you must also include a written statement from your adviser indicating the anticipated degree CONFERRAL date.
If your degree(s) is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. A list of agencies can be found at http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.