Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/19/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Nursing Instructor -- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://jobs.miracosta.edu
Nursing Instructor -- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to http://apptrkr.com/568814
Discipline or Department
One full-time (10 months per year), tenure-track faculty position, beginning in August 2015, to direct and teach courses in the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program at MiraCosta College. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Nursing and Allied Health. To view the CNA website, go to http://www.miracosta.edu/instruction/nursing/cna.html.
The standard work week for this position is forty (40) hours. The standard instructional work week shall consist of thirty (30) hours of instructional time, curriculum development, preparation and student evaluation. The remaining time will consist of five (5) hours of student engagement (of which at least two (2) hours must be designated office hours), and five (5) hours of departmental activities and collegial governance (i.e., institutional service). The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
(E = essential job function)
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Direct MiraCosta College's CNA program as approved by the California Department of Public Health. (E)
2. Teach the didactic portion and some clinical laboratories for the CNA program. (E)
3. Arrange for clinical rotations, clinical sites and state testing. (E)
4. Develop and maintain instructional support materials for the CNA program. (E)
5. Maintain currency of CNA curriculum and develop new CNA curriculum following guidelines set by the California Department of Public Health. (E)
6. Act as CNA program liaison with other nursing department members. (E)
7. Work in collaboration with other full-time nursing instructors in coordinating curriculum and mentoring associate faculty in CNA courses. (E)
8. Participate in typical departmental and faculty functions such as service on hiring committees, performance of faculty evaluations, collaboration with staff, and participation in department meetings. (E)
9. Participate in the development, assessment and evaluation of student learning outcomes (SLOs). (E)
10. Participate in college-wide committee work and collegial governance. (E)
11. Maintain currency in areas appropriate to the position. (E)
Adherence to all District policies and procedures is expected.
Type of Benefits
SALARY POLICY AND FRINGE BENEFITS:
For current salary schedule, go to http://www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/AcadSalarySchedule_2014Dec.pdf.
MiraCosta College offers a comprehensive package of benefits, which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; other optional coverages. Faculty members are also covered under the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS).
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
1. a bachelor's degree (or higher) AND two years of professional experience (either full time or equivalent part time) directly related to the teaching assignment; OR
2. an associate degree AND six years of professional experience (either full time or equivalent part time) directly related to the teaching assignment; OR
3. a valid California Community College teaching credential in the appropriate subject matter; OR
4. the equivalent. View the equivalency instructions and guidelines (use Section C) at http://www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/Equivalency.pdf; AND
5. sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
All degrees and units used to satisfy the minimum qualifications must be from postsecondary institutions accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation. Or if your degree/coursework is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. A list of agencies can be found at http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf.
Minimum Qualifications Continued
1. A current California license as a Registered Nurse.
2. One year of work experience as a staff nurse providing direct patient care in a long-term care facility; OR one year of work experience as a Director of Staff Development in a long-term care facility; OR previous approval from the California Department of Public Health to teach CNA classes.
The college seeks candidates who have achieved the highest level of professional excellence as demonstrated by:
1. A baccalaureate degree or master's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
2. Previous experience as a CNA director or CNA teaching experience.
Human Resources Contact Information
firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.795.6854
Special Instructions to Applicants
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following:
1. Application for academic employment.
2. A cover letter addressed to the "Screening and Interview Committee" describing how you meet the minimum qualifications, other requirements, and desirable qualifications listed in this job posting.
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
4. A photocopy of your current California Registered Nurse license. Attach license to "Other Document" link.
5a. Transcripts of ALL college degrees/coursework needed to qualify for this position; unofficial or legible copies are acceptable but must indicate that the degree(s) has been conferred, if applicable. A diploma will not be accepted in lieu of transcripts. An equivalency narrative and supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application if (i) you do not possess a conferred degree that qualifies you for this position or (ii) your qualifying degree will not be awarded before the position begins. (View the instructions for equivalency requests at http://www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/Equivalency.pdf.)
If your qualifying degree is in progress but will be conferred BEFORE the position begins in August 2015, you must also include a written statement from your adviser indicating the anticipated degree CONFERRAL date.
If your degree(s) is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. A list of agencies can be found at http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf.
5b. If needed to meet the minimum qualifications, a copy (front and back) of your California teaching credential authorizing instruction in a community college.
NOTE: With the exception of documents needed to support an equivalency request, do not submit materials other than those requested above as they will be removed.
Special Instructions to Applicants Continued
Individuals with qualified disabilities who need accommodation with any aspect of the application and/or interview process should contact Human Resources at 760.795.6854 at least five days prior to the closing date.
The screening and interview committee will review application materials two to five weeks following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected will be notified by e-mail. For interviewees, the selection process will include a panel interview, as well as possible teaching demonstration and written exercise. Interviewees will cover expenses for their first trip to the campus.
About MiraCosta College
The MiraCosta Community College District is one of California's 112 public community colleges. The district includes the communities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Olivenhain, Leucadia, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, and parts of Carmel Valley.
MiraCosta offers associate degrees, university-transfer courses, career-and-technical education, certificate programs, basic-skills education, and lifelong-learning opportunities that strengthen the economic, cultural, social, and educational well-being of the communities it serves.
The district consists of three campus sites and a robust online education program. The Oceanside Campus, serving about 12,000 credit students, has been located since 1964 on a panoramic 121-acre hilltop site with views of the ocean and mountains. The San Elijo Campus is located in Cardiff, 17 miles south of Oceanside, on 48 acres below the bluffs overlooking the San Elijo Lagoon Reserve. The San Elijo Campus opened in September 1988, and now attracts about 3,000 credit students. The Community Learning Center in downtown Oceanside hosts about 4,000 students in the college's noncredit classes including English as a Second Language, the Adult High School Diploma Program, and other tuition-free, noncredit classes as well as some college credit classes.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.