Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/26/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Dean, School of Business and Law
The Dean is responsible for providing academic leadership and direction for the instructional departments of the School of Business and Law: Business Administration, Business Management/Entrepreneurial Studies Institute, Economics, Homeland Security and Criminal Justice Institute, and the Legal Studies Institute. The Dean is responsible for monitoring national, regional, and local trends to ensure access to quality instructional programs that are responsive to student and community needs. The Dean fosters and supports innovative approaches to address the strategic issues identified in the college’s strategic plan. The Dean develops, implements, and administers policies and procedures. In addition, the Dean coordinates the development and administration of the school’s annual budget and manages and/or oversees budget lines assigned to his/her areas of responsibility.
General Supervision: President
Daily Supervision: Vice President for Learning
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promote and ensure the maintenance of high academic standards throughout the School;
• Liaise with representatives from baccalaureate-granting institutions and K-12 to develop partnerships and policies concerning programs, transfers, and student success;
• Creates an environment that fosters excellence in teaching, learning, innovation, and service;
• Develop, execute and manage the School budget and, in cooperation with the Chairs, the departmental budgets;
• For all faculty assigned to the School, review and make recommendations on:
o promotion applications;
o leave of absence and sabbatical requests;
o travel requests and expenses.
• Review all faculty evaluations and teaching schedules for assigned departments to ensure appropriate workloads and compliance with all college policies;
• Supervise and evaluate all assigned department Chairs;
• Supervise and evaluate all assigned professional and support staff reporting directly to the Dean;
• Assist in the development of the Master Schedule, registration procedures, course offerings and class sections for assigned departments;
• Manage special projects requiring research and/or grant proposal development; assist with data collection, analysis and reporting;
• Represent the college and/or the School at appropriate community events and on internal and external committees as requested by the President or Vice President for Learning;
• Assist the Vice President for Learning with the administration of the academic affairs of the college;
• Other duties as assigned by the President or Vice President for Learning.
Master’s degree in a field of study encompassed within the program responsibilities of the School of Business and Law;
Seven years of full-time teaching and administrative experience in a post-secondary setting, preferably in a community college or demonstrated equivalency
Two years at the Chair level or above required
Demonstrated leadership in academic affairs and college governance;
Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college;
Demonstrated commitment to diversity;
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to make public presentations;
Strong supervisory skills and experience;
Excellent organizational, problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
Demonstrated experience in budget preparation and management;
Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with students, faculty, staff, administrators, other areas of higher education and K-12 leaders, community and business representatives, and the public.
• Essential Job Functions
THIS IS AN OVERTIME EXEMPT POSITION
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THE POSITION. THE SCHOOL DEAN IS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ALL JOB-RELATED DUTIES RQUESTED BY THE SUPERVISOR(S).
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/p3k5rbp
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.