Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/27/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
As a part of Student Engagement and Wellness at Metropolitan State University of Denver, the Dean of Students Office is committed to student safety and well-being by fostering a university community of integrity and respect. The office houses student conduct, student conflict resolution services, coordinates the CARE Team (behavioral intervention team), manages Title IX cases with student respondents, and provides generalized support and referrals for students in crisis. The CARE Team Coordinator/Case Manager is an integral part of the Dean of Students Office team. Please note: This position is not that of a clinician and does not provide direct mental health care.
This position coordinates applicable responses to meet the needs of students who experience challenges that may interfere with their academic pursuits and/or may pose a threat to the health and safety of themselves, others, or place. This position is the primary point of contact for the University’s behavioral intervention team for students (CARE Team) and coordinates the Team’s operations. While maintaining appropriate professional boundaries, the Coordinator/Case Manager also works directly with students to manage support and/or safety related interventions for students referred to the CARE Team and/or who are found responsible for violations of the Student Code of Conduct. The Coordinator/Case Manager is responsible for ensuring thorough documentation/files for activities and cases. The Coordinator/Case manager actively collaborates and consults with faculty, Deans, advisors, health care providers on campus and in the community, law enforcement, parents, and colleagues across the institution to develop action plans related to student and community safety, and to ensure that plans are executed as written. The position is also responsible for oversight of the Student Food Bank which provides food resources, referrals, and related services to MSU Denver students impacted by hunger. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Student Engagement and Wellness.
• Serve as primary point of contact for faculty and staff to express concerns regarding students who exhibit symptoms associated with distress. Develop, implement, and manage a case management system to coordinate, facilitate and monitor programs available to students of concern (typically referred through the CARE Team or the student conduct process).
• Coordinate the CARE Team which is comprised of representatives from campus law enforcement, mental health services (both psychological and psychiatric), disability services, the faculty, and the student conduct coordinator. As a member of the team, play a part in the assessment of student needs and/or risk. Develop appropriate action plans to help minimize risk/harm and that support student success. Maintain a system for following up with students who have been referred to campus or community resources.
• Lead weekly CARE Team meetings and convene the group in the event of a case needing immediate attention.
• Manage CARE Team protocols, trainings, and all communication/outreach efforts including presentations to faculty, staff, and students about the CARE Team and related processes. Disseminate relevant information to CARE Team members.
• Liaise with health care providers on campus and in the community, law enforcement, parents, and colleagues across the institution to ensure compliance with action plans.
• Communicate with staff, parents, families or designated emergency contacts regarding emergencies, including hospitalizations and suicide attempts, to help facilitate a successful return to campus when issues are appropriately resolved.
• Develop and maintain relationships with community and campus entities which provide services that may be of value to MSU Denver students and/or the CARE Team.
• Maintain accurate electronic case management records.
• Continuously research national best practices and legislative changes to stay relevant and remain in compliance.
• Develop an assessment plan to identify successes and areas of weakness in case management and CARE team approach. Subsequently share results with CARE Team & campus decision makers regarding progress and changes to training/protocol.
• Oversee the Student Food Bank operations and supervise the student food bank coordinators.
• Master’s degree in social work, psychology, student affairs, criminal justice, or a related field
• Experience working with case management, counseling or otherwise coordinating individual services for students and/or clients
• Experience working on teams
• Professional work experience in higher education; experience working within FERPA regulations
• Supervisory experience
• Experience developing and/or managing protocols and documentation for case files
• Experience responding to crisis situations
• Experience administering and/or responding to threat/risk assessments
• Experience making professional presentations to groups of up to 50 people
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Note: This position is temporary for up to one year.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.