Detailed Job Description
Perform secretarial duties, staff and student assistance, to support the function of the Dean's Office in the School of Business.
1. Use University software to perform duties such as correspondence, meeting minutes, newsletter, spreadsheets, reports, grants, forms and memos. Proofread/edit work for accuracy, format, spelling, punctuation and construction. Assure timely completion of all material.
2. Review incoming mail for appropriate distribution and action.
3. Upon discretion of supervisor compose routine correspondence.
4. Take messages, schedule meetings and appointments, relay information and answer questions within the scope of knowledge and authority.
5. Organize and file all pertinent data so that it is readily accessible.
6. Organize and maintain all School of Business accreditation related records assuring rapid retrieval of all materials. Utilize Microsoft Excel to summarize and graphically report data.
7. Maintain the School of Business Academic schedule within Datatel.
8. Register students, update advisors, and record office hours in Datatel when needed.
9. Assist in the development of presentation and promotional material to support the School of Business programs. Utilize PowerPoint to create and update presentation material.
10. Proctor exams when necessary.
11. Supervise and coordinate schedules for student workers.
12. Other secretarial duties as assigned.