Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/7/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Office of the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences is responsible ultimately for all activities in the School, and the office is the primary interface for faculty members, staff, academic department chairs, University administrators, and Central Administration offices. In the office, there are two deans of academic affairs, and three administrative staff members who support the office. The office is also the point of contact for students, parents, alumni, prospective students, donors, and external parties to the School of Arts and Sciences.
The Special Assistant for Curriculum and Program Analysis will be responsible for providing executive level support for the Dean of Arts and Sciences (A&S), as well as the deans responsible for curricular matters. Major responsibilities include:
1. Coordinating curricular and assessment activities in A&S including: supporting the Working Group on CURRICULUM, INSTRUCTION, AND ASSESSMENT IN ARTS AND SCIENCES; helping departments follow through on curricular assessment programs that have been developed for undergraduate and graduate programs; coordinating efforts of the school's faculty Outcomes Assessment Committee (OAC), the Center for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT), and the university-wide institutional research (IR) office on issues related to curriculum and assessment;
2. Analyzing data on faculty, students and staff in A&S for policy decisions related to curriculum and assessment;
3. Serving as chief of staff for the A&S steering committee and Board of Advisors activities within A&S, and relationships with the rest of the University and many outside groups; and
4. Carrying out special projects for the dean, as required.
The Special Assistant for Curriculum and Program Analysis is responsible will coordinate many different activities relevant to curriculum and assessment, including gathering data, writing and editing materials, planning and executing A&S-wide activities, coordinating and participating in various A&S Committee Meetings, and assisting the dean in carrying out her duties. S/he will work with other members of the Dean's staff to maintain smooth office operations.
* Master's degree plus three (3) years of relevant experience.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & PowerPoint, experience working with email program and internet research.
* Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, customer service, time management and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team working to advance the programmatic goals of the Dean of the School
* Must have the ability to set priorities with flexibility in a busy and ever-changing working environment with diverse individuals;
* Must have experience working with faculty members;
* Must possess demonstrated experience with confidentiality.
* Excellent writing, analytical, and data management skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in higher education preferred.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/2q99wc5
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.