Detailed Job Description
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking learning-focused, creative and dynamic candidates for a part-time Health Sciences Instructor at the WITC New Richmond Campus. Teaching responsibilities include General Anatomy and Physiology in the fall semester, possibly expanding to other health science courses in the future. The ideal candidate will demonstrate interest in and potential for excellence in facilitating student learning and development.
- Facilitates learning for all students
- Accommodates a variety of learning styles
- Embeds diversity in classroom activities
- Uses a variety of instructional delivery modes.
- Incorporates appropriate teaching methods and technologies in the learning process
- Assesses learners in a variety of ways
- Uses a variety of assessment methods and tools including but not limited to performance assessments, skills checklists, writing assignments, tests, quizzes, group work, partner activities, short- and long-term projects, and employment portfolios
- Documents assessment of learner achievement, core abilities, course competencies, and program outcomes
- Partners with learners
- Helps learners define and achieve their academic and career goals
- Maintains availability to learners during posted office hours and by using e-mail, voice mail, and/or on-line postings
- Provides academic advising for learners
- Demonstrates support for student clubs and organizations
- Writes course-appropriate curricula
- Continually improves course content that reflects course competencies as well as current workplace practices
- Develops and updates learning opportunities that reflect WITC’s Learning College tenets
- Collaborates with colleagues from all disciplines to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach and perspective to teaching and learning
- Researches and selects textbooks, library resources, software, and other learning materials
- Develops, implements, and annually updates an Individualized Learning Plan
- Stays current in area(s) of teaching
- Continues education and training in area(s) of teaching in accordance with accrediting commission, agencies, and professional associations
- Includes industry work experience, job shadowing, and/or participation in professional or trade organizations
- Manages learning environments in a manner consistent with college policies and procedures
- Distributes to learners, and places on file, an up-to-date syllabus for each course
- Records and submits grades
- Maintains other records as required
- Communicates using e-mail, voice mail, and/or on-line postings
- Monitors condition and safety of classrooms and labs and reports needed maintenance and repairs
- Solicits quotations and bids and procures supplies and equipment
- Assists in student recruitment and job placement activities
- Participates in campus promotional activities such as open houses and career days
- Announces and/or posts job openings provided by area employers
- Works with appropriate staff to facilitate job placement
- Partners with the dean in fulfilling the mission, vision, and values of the College
- Collaborates in the scheduling of classes
- Assumes an active role in the assessment of own professional performance
- Participates actively in campus, college-wide, regional, and state teams and committees
- Participates in operational planning processes
- Recruits, constructs, and annually consults with advisory committees and business partners
- Serves on selection committees to hire new staff
- Mentors other faculty
- Fosters the college’s community relationships
- Promotes relationships with high schools and other colleges and universities
- Promotes relationships with area business and industry
1. Master’s degree in Health Science or related field with 18 graduate credits in anatomy/physiology, human biology, pathology, physiology, medicine, chiropractic, or a combination of credits in these disciplines.
2. One year (2000 hours) of occupational experience outside of education.
3. Previous teaching experience preferred.
4. Curriculum development experience preferred.
5. Experience with alternative instructional delivery (e.g. online, ITV) preferred.
Salary Hiring Range
$37.26 – $44.12 hourly
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, a resume, and original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts. If you have noted an educational degree on your application, WITC requests transcripts to support your degree. Official transcripts are required prior to an offer of employment. Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources: WITC 505 Pine Ridge Drive Shell Lake WI 54871 Please include the posting number on the envelope to facilitate the processing of your application.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please include the posting number on the envelope to facilitate the processing of your application.
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.