Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/20/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
MONTEREY PENINSULA COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
(Full Time, Tenure Track, Fall 2015)
Job #: 2014-00081
Fri. 12/19/14 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Fri. 02/20/15 11:59 PM Pacific Time
$51,971.00 - $70,474.00 Annually
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching three or more mathematics courses which equal 15 teaching load units each semester, and may include courses ranging from basic skills math through engineering calculus, linear algebra, differential equations and statistics. Assignments may include both day and evening courses at the Monterey campus, Marina Education Center, other sites in the community, as well as on-line instruction.
As a full-time faculty member in the Mathematics Department, the successful candidate must be an effective teacher whose focus is on student learning. The candidate must attend and actively engage in Math department meetings and other campus committees and interact collegially with members of the campus community.
• Master’s in mathematics or applied mathematics*
• Bachelor’s in either of the above AND Masters in statistics, physics, or mathematics education
• A California Community College Instructor Credential (valid for life) in the subject matter
• The equivalent. To select outstanding faculty members from the largest possible pool of qualified applicants, Monterey Peninsula College recognizes that candidates may have attained expertise through a variety of means. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments may be judged by the District as equivalent to the above qualifications for this position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications are encouraged to download and complete an equivalency application from the employment web page and submit/attach the completed form to the employment application along with appropriate documentation of your qualifications;
• Commitment to community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for culturally, socio-economically, ethnically, and academically diverse students and students with disabilities; personal qualities to work effectively and with sensitivity in a multicultural environment; awareness of and commitment to the needs of non-traditional and/or re-entry students with diverse abilities and interests.
*Note: Graduate students currently working on a Master’s degree are encouraged to apply, with the understanding that the degree must be completed and confirmed by July 1, 2015.
Personal and Professional Qualities:
1 Knowledge of and commitment to teaching strategies and methods which enhance student success at community colleges;
2 Excellent interpersonal skills;
3 Ability to work effectively with community groups and campus organizations;
4 Effective oral and written communication skills;
5 Ability to meet the needs of community college learners with diverse backgrounds and a wide range of skills and goals.
Work Schedule / Supplemental Information:
Anticipated Starting Compensation
Starting at $51,971-70,474 annually, based on documented education and experience. In addition to the base salary, the successful candidate can also earn an annual Doctoral stipend of $2,850 or an annual multiple Masters’ stipend of $2,021, if applicable. In addition, the District provides an excellent fringe benefits package, including medical and dental coverage for employees and dependents, and a vision plan, life insurance and long-term disability benefits for the employee only. Retirement is the State Teachers’ Retirement System. Participation in tax deferred plans is available.
Assignment & Anticipated Start Date:
The assigned work year is 175.5 days per academic year. The assignment will include 15 teaching load units (TLUs) plus five office hours per week. The selected candidate will participate in campus-wide events beginning the week of August 17, 2015.
A completed application and supplemental materials must be submitted online by February 20, 2015. Monterey Peninsula College reserves the right to close, continue, cancel, postpone or restart the recruitment at any time.
To be considered for review, applicants must submit the following application materials online:
• Completed Online District Application including the Diversity Statement and Supplemental Questions;
• A cover letter addressing the listed desirable qualifications and personal and professional qualities;
• Résumé or Curriculum Vitae;
• Unofficial Transcripts from accredited colleges of Bachelor’s degree and all advanced degrees and coursework. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (http://www.aacrao.org/) at the applicant’s expense;
• 1-3 current letters of recommendation relevant to this position (attached as separate .pdf files; one file per letter);
• A list of all courses taught (including descriptive names, dates, and schools);
• A list of all subjects tutored (including dates and schools);
• A list of all upper division mathematics courses taken (including title, college, date, and grade earned);
• A list of all graduate level mathematics courses taken (including title, college, date, and grade earned);
• An intermediate algebra exam. This exam should be written by the candidate, appropriate to use as is in-class, and one-hour in length;
• An integral calculus exam from the second semester of a three semester calculus series. This exam should be written by the candidate, appropriate to use as is in-class, and one-hour in length.
To apply for this position, please go to http://apptrkr.com/561264 and click on the link for “Full Time Faculty and Administrator Positions.” Click on the job title for full details about the position. Additionally you will see an “apply” button on the right hand side.
You will be required to create a user account. If you already have a user account with another NeoGov employer, you will be able to use your existing account log-in information. Please complete all the required components of the application including uploading of your transcripts and various other documents.
Only items listed above will be reviewed by the screening committee. Please upload your materials as .pdf files and use file names that clearly reflect the contents of each attachment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Human Resources Department
Monterey Peninsula College
It is highly recommended that you read the Frequent Asked Questions webpage prior to beginning the online application process.
Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by phone approximately 2-4 weeks following the application deadline. All other applicants will be notified by email. Initial, on-campus interviews are tentatively scheduled the week of April 4, 2015.
Travel expenses are the sole responsibility of the applicant. Selected finalists will have second round interviews with the President and Vice President. These final interviews are generally conducted via SKYPE. Positions are subject to adequate funding and MPC reserves the right to close, continue, cancel, postpone or restart the recruitment at any time. MPC regrets that relocation assistance is not available.
Conditions of Employment:
Offers of employment are contingent upon Governing Board approval. Employment with Monterey Peninsula College is not complete or official until applicants meet all pre-employment requirements. All new employees are required to submit official transcripts, proof of freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Monterey Peninsula College does not sponsor H1B visas. Employees must sign the Oath or Affirmation of Allegiance and submit fingerprints for CA Department of Justice clearance.
Monterey Peninsula College actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants interested in working in an environment which values flexibility, openness to change, collaboration, respect for others and their points of view, and involvement in College activities, all with the goal of meeting the needs of our diverse student population. The District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.