Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/21/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Mission College MC2IT
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead, develop and deliver comprehensive student internship in support of students’ educational, occupational and personal growth. The position will discuss and facilitate career-related work experiences (in the context of the student’s development as in the technical areas). Integration of academic-based experiential learning activities into student career planning is an overarching goal of the position.
• Develop relationships with organizations interested in Internship partnerships.
• Work with participating Human Resource and Engineering departments to determine internship needs.
• Review school’s programs and meet with faculty and curriculum developer to determine course requirements – what is lacking and what is feasible to provide.
• Work with Curriculum Developer to design program including requirements for students to participate in program, schedule and collateral materials.
• Work with Curriculum Developer to design a Career Strategies course to promote professional success including business communication skills, resume and cover letter development, interviewing skills, professional behavior and appropriate dress.
• Assist with the development of the Internship Website.
• Develop a library of materials for the internship program.
• Maintain an updated list of current internship sites and contact information for on-site supervisors
• Disseminate information to students, faculty and staff regarding the internship program, including requirements, lists of internship sites and important deadlines for admission into the program
• Provide advisement to potential student participants regarding the internship program.
• Screen students to participate in the internship program.
• Administer student internship contracts, maintain records and provide on-going supervision for student interns including visiting internship sites.
• Assist students with strategies to promote professional success through their internships.
• Coordinate with employers and troubleshoot workplace problems.
• Advise students with low internship performance ratings and refer to appropriate service providers for social or academic help.
• Refer students to the appropriate offices for counseling, financial assistance, etc.
• Track completed internship site evaluations.
• Stay abreast of changing institutional information including admissions requirements, new programs, course changes, deadlines, important dates, costs.
• Serve as a liaison and foster relationships with other advisors, faculty and administrative departments, as well as corporate partners.
• Teach professional workshops that help students connect their on-the-job experiences with academic learning and career exploration and planning.
• Develop advisement materials and deliver presentations for events, such as orientation and other topical workshops.
• Facilitate timecard collection/accuracy to ensure that interns are paid or, if interns are paid by the employer.
• Coordinate with school administrators, faculty and counseling staff to ensure that students successfully participate in the internship program.
• Maintain accurate data, records, and files to track activities, achievements, participation, progress and status of individual students.
• Collect data for analysis, evaluation and program improvement.
• Maintain Internship Website.
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, career counseling, education, or related fields is helpful.
3 years’ experience in a technical recruiting, career counseling or student services or human resources position interacting with students or employees, or experience teaching at the high school level.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills.
• Adept at interacting with people at all levels including human resource professionals, engineering professionals, faculty, administrators, and students.
• Clear, concise oral and written communication skills are required
• Strong interest in student development and growth
• Computer literate including PowerPoint, excel, Google docs
• Proficiency with incorporating the use of technology to deliver services.
• Detail oriented with the ability to provide timely and accurate information
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to http://apptrkr.com/560334
Open until filled
For more information, contact Pat Kelleher at <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a>
Information about MC2IT can be found at: <a href="http://mc2it.missioncollege.edu">http://mc2it.missioncollege.edu</a>
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.