Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, advises students and parents regarding the financial aid process. Researches information on available programs and procedures to establish eligibility and provide students and families options and alternatives for financing educational goals. Evaluates students' financial aid requests and makes award adjustments and recalculations on financial aid files. Evaluates student academic progress relative to Federal Financial Aid Law and UVU's policy; reviews and adjudicates financial aid academic progress appeals. Examines documents, makes professional judgment on dependency cases and special circumstances as allowed under Federal Financial Aid Law. Ensure high standard of accuracy and compliance in awarding aid to each student.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Business Management or Behavioral Science or related field plus one year of experience related to the summary of duties; OR an associate's as described plus three years of experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Knowledge of federal regulations pertaining to financial aid including need analysis, eligibility assessment and packaging strategies.
-Knowledge of financial aid policies, procedures, and eligibility requirements.
-Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
-Knowledge of automated financial aid management systems.
-Skill in office methods and techniques.
-Skill in making presentations and training others in financial needs
-Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
-Ability to analyze and solve problems in an effective and professional manner.
-Ability to work independently and to organize a heavy workload.
-Ability to operate office equipment and computers and computer software applications.
-Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group or individuals to meet their need.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.