Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Leo University is one of the largest and most innovative Catholic universities in the United States. Saint Leo enrolls students at the traditional University Campus, at more than 40 education centers and offices, and through the Center for Online Learning. University-wide, Saint Leo enrolls students from 49 states, the District of Columbia, three U.S. territories, and 86 countries. Saint Leo University ranks as one of the nation’s leading providers of higher education for active duty military and veterans, and it is a nationally recognized leader in online education.
Saint Leo University is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time, tenure-track, faculty position to teach Sport Business courses at our University Campus center in Saint Leo, Florida, located less than 30 minutes northeast of Tampa and 60 minutes southwest of Orlando.
Distinguishing qualities of Saint Leo University include:
• A Catholic, liberal arts University serving learners of all faiths
• Named one of the top universities in the South for four consecutive years by U.S. News and World Report
• One of the nation’s 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military
• Financial support provided for professional development travel
Distinguishing qualities of the Sport Business program:
• The University’s first Program of Distinction
• The first program in the nation accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) for both the undergraduate and graduate program
• The MBA–Sport Business concentration has been ranked the #3 online program in the world by SportBusiness International in both 2013 and 2014
• On-ground classes capped at 25 students; 20 for MBA-Sport Business online
This faculty appointment will be at the Instructor (non-tenure track) or Assistant Professor (tenure track) level for the 2015-2016 academic year. An exceptional candidate may be considered at the Associate level. This position is a new position, and is a 9-month academic year appointment with possible additional summer teaching and/or internship supervision opportunities.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Teach eight (8) classes in sport business per academic year (four (4) per semester), and may include one online MBA Sport Business course if hired at the Assistant or Associate level.
• Dedicate 10 hours per week to advising students and office hours
• Engage in curriculum development, support recruiting efforts, and demonstrate professional development (e.g. scholarly research)
• Undertake community service in keeping with the University’s Benedictine values
The successful candidate must be able to:
• Demonstrate excellence in the classroom (on ground and online)
• Teach traditional and non-traditional age students
• Participate in professional development
• Assist in locating, securing, and supervising industry internships
• Understand and follow COSMA accreditation principles.
Candidates possessing a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with 18 hours of graduate study and/or credentials to teach Sport Business/Management (or closely related field) may be considered at the instructor level.
While candidates are the Instructor level will be considered, the preferred candidate should possess a terminal degree in Sport Business/Management (or closely related field) from a regionally accredited institution with credentials to teach courses per Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) guidelines.
Additional preferred qualifications include:
• Previous experience in teaching traditional and non-traditional age students.
• Commitment to teaching, advising, and mentoring students – including experience helping oversee student organizations
• Professional experience in the sport industry – candidates with more industry experience will be given preference
• Familiarity with Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) requirements
• Ability to teach a wide-range of Sport Business courses, but preference will be given to those candidates with some background in risk management and/or sport law.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.