Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/27/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Hoya Staffing at Georgetown University is looking for Administrative Assistants and Executive Assistants for various temporary assignments throughout the University.
Administrative/Executive Assistants may serve as the direct administrative support for an entire department or for a single supervisor. Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research capabilities and strong communication skills. These positions require flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
All applicants must include a cover letter, referencing Administrative Assistant openings, and must apply online to be considered. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
These are temporary positions and assignment lengths can vary.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing all aspects of general office coordination
• Maintaining office/supervisor’s calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings
• Maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and department information
• Interacting with clients, vendors and visitors
• Making travel arrangements
• Scheduling and coordinating meeting logistics
• Drafting and preparing correspondence and reports
• Assuring follow-up until resolution is achieved
• Responding on behalf of the staff as required or requested and maintaining records
• Creating and maintaining filing system, including confidential files
• Ability to handle front desk and some reception responsibilities
• Placing orders for supplies and services, and occasionally assisting with events
• Preparing invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents as needed
• Two to four years of progressively responsible administrative assistant experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred
• Excellent organizational, communication and written skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle confidential information
• Ability to work alone or with others
• Must be professional and courteous
• Strong customer service skills
• Punctuality and attention to detail are essential
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Click here to Apply: http://www12.georgetown.edu/hr/employment_services/JobBoard/login.cfm
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.