Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/25/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations provides strategic and proactive leadership for Metropolitan State College of Denver's fundraising from local, regional, national and international foundations and corporations. The position provides leadership and coordination to the campus in approaching foundations and corporations for major grants and gifts, working closely with deans, faculty, administrators and advancement colleagues. Cultivates, solicits and stewards support from foundations and corporations with the goal of raising maximum support from these sources for institutional priorities and is responsible for the development of mutually beneficial, long-term partnerships which strengthen Metro State's ties to these philanthropic entities. The position plays a key role in the identification and solicitation of corporate sponsorships opportunities.
The Director also represents the Development Team to campus, as necessary, through participating in individual meetings with faculty, staff and administration and participates on campus-wide committees.
Internal contact with campus personnel. External contact with MSUD Foundation and Alumni board members; corporate, foundation and non-profit business leaders; and alumni and individuals interested in supporting the college. Membership in various college affiliated organizations and professional fundraising associations.
Play a central role and carries out the broad functions of private and corporate foundation fundraising including:
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of grant requests including writing, editing, or consulting on proposals and ensure that these proposals are submitted in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Proactively seek opportunities to generate proposals based on foundation and corporate priorities that result in funding for immediate and long-term goals of the University.
- Ability to secure sizeable corporate sponsorships resulting in significant revenue and appropriately recognize sponsors and ensure the delivery of sponsor benefits and expectations.
- Collaborate with members of the University's volunteer leadership bodies to facilitate opportunities for new partners and increased support.
- Ability to develop strong relationships, and identify potential giving opportunities, with institutional donors at multiple levels within the institution.
- Work collaboratively across the University to identify potential opportunities and develop effective strategies for managed institutional donors and prospects.
- Ability to work in a team environment with demonstrated skill as a team leader and/or builder
- Organize and facilitate meetings and planning sessions with interested and relevant faculty, staff and administration related to resource development.
Work in collaboration with the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research on public grants.
Supervise support staff as needed.
Actively participate in the overall formulation of Development Team fundraising, organizational and administrative strategies.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.