Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/25/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
In 2010, the Metropolitan State College of Denver launched the Exceptional Place, Extraordinary Possibilities (EPEP) campaign to continue the pursuit of its founding mission to provide accessible, excellent education to any student with the desire to achieve. Toward this end EPEP identified four critical needs: 1) the creation of the Hospitality Learning Center for the rapidly growing Hospitality, Tourism and Events Department; 2) to complete the new permanent location of the Center for Visual Art; 3) growth of scholarships for deserving students; and to solidify Metro State's role as a community resource through our Centers for Excellence.
The Director reports directly to the AVP of Development and works closely with the VP of Advancement and External Relations and campaign volunteer leadership in setting up systems and carrying out the day-to-day activities to run and manage the campaigns. The Director is responsible for overall campaign management and organization including pipelines, prospect tracking strategy, task assignment, solicitation and maintenance of timelines. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, detail-oriented, entrepreneurial development professional who possess significant capital campaign experience and success in securing major gifts from a broad range of constituencies.
- Develop, plan, execute and manage a capital campaign with the immediate goal of $25M.
- Establish solicitation priorities, manage prospect lists and research, develop and execute targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies for a range of prospects.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the Development Department and Office of Sponsored Research & Programs to research, identify and cultivate funding prospects from the public, corporate and foundation sectors.
- Effectively manage and maintain positive relationships with campaign volunteers as assigned.
- Recruit and support campaign volunteers, building capacity and results by organizing and effectively engaging volunteers and managing volunteer assignments, time-lines follow up and appreciation.-
- Manage the writing and development of campaign print and electronic materials and coordinate their design and production.
- Oversee and ensure timely and accurate campaign record keeping.
- Manage the campaign budget and related expenses in consultation with AVP and AVP of Development.
- Ensure donor acknowledgement, stewardship and public recognition as appropriate. In collaboration with other gift officers and development staff, prepare an annual plan that includes goals and timetables for prospect qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The plan will also include strategies to increase existing donors' giving levels.
- Document contacts, strategies and proposals in Raiser's Edge and other prospect-tracking modules.
- Preparation of donor proposals, presentations and stewardship materials and related reports as necessary and participate in solicitations as appropriate.
- Conduct research to expand the pool of major gift prospects and evaluate those brought forward from others sources including Foundation Board members, faculty and staff.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues to prepare the President and other members of the senior leadership team for meetings and interactions with donors and potential donors.
- Other duties, as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.