: Cardozo-5th Ave & 12th StEmployee Classification
: Business AffairsPosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeABOUT US
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, founded in 1976 and named for an eminent Supreme Court Justice, is now firmly established as an international and national leader in legal education. The School’s curriculum balances rigorous scholarship and research with experiential learning opportunities which include extensive clinical programs. Given its prime location in the heart of NYC’s Greenwich Village, Cardozo also offers a vibrant learning environment, with significant opportunities for students to gain legal experience through internships and summer positions with a broad array of legal employers.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
The Assistant Director engages in extensive one-on-one career counseling for students and alumni and assists in developing programming to develop career building skills.
He/She will initiate and develop relationships with legal employers, including firms, corporations and government offices in order to increase internship and permanent employment opportunities for students and alumni. The Assistant Director will administer the Cardozo RAMP program, and counsel students in all aspects of job search strategies and opportunities.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule and conduct meetings with employers annually, including general counsel’s offices and legal departments of a variety of corporations, firms of all sizes, and government agencies
- Research and develop new opportunities and relationships at start-up and growth oriented law firms and companies
- Regularly collaborate with faculty, administration and alumni on employment initiatives.
- Collaborate with Office of Career Services and other departments throughout the University to organize career related programming
- Match student and alumni candidates with appropriate legal employers based on experience, achievements and personalities
- Attend networking events at area bar associations and the law school
- Create practice area specific lists of employers for use in student and alumni targeted mailings
- Help collect and report data relating to new graduate employment
- Counsel JD and LLM students and alumni on job search strategies and career development
- Conduct workshops and individual sessions on resume writing, interviewing and networking organizes and presents panel discussions and other programs on career-related topics
- Assist in administering various programs including OCI and certain credited internship programs
- Conduct outreach to potential employers
- Contribute articles to the office’s monthly newsletter
- Serve as point person for either alumni outreach or LLM advising
- Assist in developing career-related resources for students and alumni
- Handle other assorted duties and responsibilities as needed
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years prior related experience
- J.D. required; some legal practice strongly preferred
- Some counseling or recruitment related experience strongly preferred
- Required skills and experience include legal practice, counseling or recruitment related experience, management experience, and a commercial understanding of the legal market
Skills & Competencies
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as technological expertise in desktop software
- Speaks clearly and expresses self well in one-on-one conversations and groups
- Develops effective written communications and uses them appropriately
- Interacts and proactively shares information with internal and external contacts where appropriate
- Develops effective relationships with peers, students and employees
- Assumes responsibility to ensure issues/concerns will be addressed and monitors them through conclusion
- Identifies, defines and analyzes information and situations before recommending a course of action
- Effectively manages own time and resources
- Seeks to apply technology and innovation to improve efficiency and solve problems
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills a must
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/cmnzvrn