Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/8/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Administrative Assistant position exists to organize, administer, supervise and monitor a variety of support activities including effective and efficient operation of the Department of Philosophy and to fill the role of initial contact person and impromptu problem solver for a variety of issues and questions. This position serves to provide a high level of administrative and technical support to the chair, faculty, staff and members of allied departments and programs as well as all students whom the department serves in any capacity.
• Supervise daily operation of the department.
• Responds to all types of inquiries, general or specific on college policies, directs to appropriate areas, advises, and/or resolves complaints and problems.
• Assists the clients in friendly courteous manner regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, race, or sexual orientation.
• Reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
• Helps manage the departmental part-time pool; creates new applicant dossier and database listing, assigns EEO number and corresponds with applicant, tracks applicant dossier completion and selects dossiers for chair review.
• Compiles semester part-time pool reports for EEO office and submits these reports to meet deadlines.
• Expedites textbook orders for faculty and interfaces between faculty and bookstore and publishers.
• Directs day-to-day tasks of office support student work study/hourly employees
• Assigns student worker job duties, sets work priorities, arranges work schedules, monitors work hours, reviews performance, arranges for Banner and other training as needed.
• Manages student payroll; signs time cards, inputs payroll information into Banner and verifies student award balances
• Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
• The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
-Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook or the equivalent in a professional setting.
-Two years of general clerical or administrative service experience.
-Experience using Banner or related database system.
-2 years of experience managing multiple projects, priorities and employees in an office environment.
-Experience with or knowledge of the higher educational setting.
-Supervisory experience over student staff.
-Office management experience
-Strong knowledge of office equipment and programs: MS Office suite, multi-line phone system, scanner, fax, copiers, and printers.
-Strong communication skills (written, non-verbal and interpersonal.)
-Strong customer service skills.
-Highly organized and detail-oriented
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official transcripts will be required of the applicant selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.