Detailed Job Description
Independently manage facility by directing all building services staff, operations student staff, and direction of special events/programs in the evenings at the Goggin Ice Center. Position must independently manage the needs of our customer to ensure a quality customer experience while, demonstrating the ability to perform complex mechanical repairs requiring specialized training.
- Direct all aspects of the evening operations staff including recruitment, training, supervision, discipline, and evaluation.
- Direct and plan a schedule to ensure timely maintenance and repair of facility systems and cleanliness of building.
- Direct 25-30 student employees and manage payroll/schedules.
- Direct planned inspections and conduct regular evaluations of student, full and part-time operations staff to ensure uniform quality and conformance to established standards of performance.
- Direct, instruct, and train all employees in the set-up and operation of special event equipment including scoreboards, sound systems, timing systems, cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Direct the researching, purchasing, and inventory of building supplies.
- Collaborate with other Goggin management team members with on-site management, public relations, coordination and technical assistance for all special event programs in Goggin Ice Center.
- Direct all operational needs for events which include but limited to; building service staff, maintenance staff, ice conditions and needs, event set up, and maintaining event equipment.
- Manage and assist in the direction of operations staff during ICA events which include Varsity Ice Hockey games.
- Direct and implements short and long range facility custodial objectives and goals.
- Direct the evaluation of all equipment and products used in the day-to-day operation and custodial needs of the facility.
- Develop, administer, and manage annual building service operating budget.
- Plan with Sr. Director of Goggin Ice Center and Assistant Director of Building Operations on all project bids, long term facility needs, and on-site contractors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Goggin Ice Center or Assistant Director of Building Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent years of specialized training beyond high school in ice maintenance, electrical, mechanical or related maintenance functions.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience with special event support and set up.
- Proven ability to deal effectively and positively with a diverse internal and external customer base.
- Experience with personal computers and building management control software.
- Knowledge of and experience using custodial equipment, materials, and chemicals.
- Current driver's license.
- Three to five years of supervisory/management work experience.
- Experience in the operation of various ice/building service related equipment including the Zamboni, scissor lift, forklift, and floor scrubber.
- Knowledge of ice making techniques, equipment and ice plant operations.
- Knowledge of skate sharpening equipment and materials.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.