Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/7/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Executive Vice President – Access, Learning and Success (EVP-AL&S) serves as the chief academic officer of Cuyahoga Community College, which serves 60,000 students at four comprehensive campuses and several unique centers located throughout Cuyahoga County and beyond.
The EVP-AL&S shares direct supervision of the four campus presidents with the college president and is individually responsible for vice presidents and executive directors in charge of Evidence and Inquiry; Student Engagement; Student Learning; College Pathways; Faculty Development; and technology applications to teaching and learning. Thus, the EVP-AL&S is responsible for integrating all facets of teaching and learning to increase student outcomes related to the number and rate of degrees and certificates awarded by the College, among numerous other metrics.
Much of this work is spelled out in the Integrated Student Success Tactical Plan, which is the product of several years of collaboration with individuals throughout the College community, with input from the President’s Council (which includes the Joint Faculty Senate), the campus-based Student Success Teams and other bodies and divisions of the College.
In reporting to the college president and as a member of the President’s Cabinet, the EVP-AL&S is charged with ensuring that efforts to strengthen student outcomes are supported by comprehensive strategic planning and institutional research, data-driven decision making and actions that involve colleagues in identifying and allocating resources for programs, technology and facilities. The EVP-AL&S is also accountable for improving student outcomes through College-wide benchmarks that are supported by every division of the institution.
The EVP-AL&S is the governance officer, representing the College on all matters related to the Faculty Senate and the AAUP bargaining unit comprised of the faculty. The EVP-AL&S is the College’s representative to the Access, Learning and Success committee of the Board of Trustees and is the representative to accrediting agencies, consortia and external partnerships where teaching and learning is the primary concern.
1. Earned doctorate from a regionally-accredited institution
2. Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible academic or institutional leadership/ management experience leading to a current position as a dean, vice president or president
3. Demonstrated leadership exemplified by the successful implementation of student success initiatives derived from campus innovations and national initiatives, such as Achieving the Dream, Completion by Design and Jobs for the Future
4. Experience developing, implementing and managing budgets at the institutional level
5. Record of commitment to the community college mission and goals related to student access, equity and success
6. Record of leading institutional programs designed to increase student enrollment and retention
7. History of working with faculty on all aspects of program improvement, governance and professional development
8. Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity in programs and staff
9. Demonstrated excellence in forming relationships and partnerships based not on reporting structures but on the application of personal attributes
10. Record of securing grants and external resources for programs and services
1. Experience as a faculty member with a record of scholarship and promotions in rank
2. Experience in a multiple-campus district, with campuses that are located in urban and suburban communities
Normal College Business Hours Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.