Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/13/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The director reports to the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs and has the primary responsibility, under the Center for Faculty Development, for providing multiple opportunities for faculty to learn about best teaching practices and how they can be used to ensure student success. The Center will serve as a teaching laboratory—a place where faculty can explore and experiment with new curriculum, pedagogies, and assessment techniques. The director will also work collaboratively with faculty, deans and directors to ensure that part-time faculty are fully engaged in the College’s student success and faculty development initiatives. The director supports programming and services at both campuses.
• A master’s degree in social or behavioral science, education, educational research, evaluation, or a related field and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience, particularly working with faculty, in higher education administration. Doctorate preferred.
• A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience, preferable at a community college.
• Demonstrated knowledge of learner-based pedagogies that facilitate student learning, assessment methodologies, student learning outcomes, and current accountability issues.
• Strong interpersonal and organizations skills; excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated competency using appropriate technology (such as software packages for data analysis).
• Experience leading and advocating for assessment at the institutional or discipline level.
• Understanding or experience with accreditation requirements for assessment.
For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit http://www.mc3.edu under "Career Opportunities." Closing date for applications is 5/13/12.
Montgomery County Community College is an EOE.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.