Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/21/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Quinnipiac University offers the best of many worlds: a convenient location in close proximity to New Haven, New York City and Boston, an unprecedented history of success, an ambitious future plan and a business school that has been ranked among the very best by both the Princeton Review and Bloomberg Businessweek.
We seek a Director of Online Masters Programs to join a collegial and accomplished administrative team responsible for online offerings at the Masters level in Organizational Leadership and in Information Technology. The ideal candidate for this position will be highly focused on students and student success, possess experience working with adult/graduate students and dedicated to advising and retention of students at the graduate level.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to: strong "hands-on" orientation to student advising; working in collaboration with marketing and admissions to ensure appropriate enrollment growth of quality student populations; and working collaboratively with faculty, other administrators and a variety of external stakeholders in order to ensure the highest quality of programs and effective learning outcomes. Key indicators of success will be: achievement and maintenance of reasonable student retention rates, continued effort to ensure enrollment growth, and effective collaboration with faculty to achieve improved online teaching outcomes. The role reports to the School of Business and QU Online.
The Director will:
- Develop and administer a student activities program including effective, web based strategies to enhance student to student interaction; build a strong sense of community with our online graduate students and support students in all areas;
- Make admissions decisions according to program standards in conjunction with Associate Dean for Graduate Programs;
- Provide student advising; assist students with course registration questions/ issues;
- Review analytics and improve processes to improve student satisfaction
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Teach 6 credits per year in the School of Business;
- Participate in Admissions webinars or related on-site activities; review marketing materials for online programs to ensure compliance with AACSB accreditation standards and accuracy of copy.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in student advising and program administration, preferably within an AACSB accredited school of business. Experience with online education is preferred.
- Hi-touch customer service, attention to detail and follow-up, and an enthusiasm for mentoring students are all essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work across different functional areas (admission, registrar, bursar, faculty, etc) in a university or similar setting.
- A master's degree is required for this position.
- We are an enthusiastic and hard working team and we seek similar characteristics in the successful candidate for this position.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.