Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/3/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Humboldt State University
Vice President for Administration and Finance
Review: April 30, 2012
(Job #12-23) Vice President for Administration and Finance, Humboldt State University invites nominations and applications for the position of Vice President for Administration and Finance. This position is an Administrator IV in the California State University Management Personnel Plan.
Position Summary: The ideal candidate will be a creative and visionary leader with a successful record of management accomplishments, with high professional standards, and will have an energetic and inclusive style. As chief financial officer of the University, the Vice President reports directly to the University President and is a member of the President’s Executive Committee. The Vice President is responsible for providing the campus community with high quality support services and provides vital leadership in guiding the approximately 275 employees who make up the following units: Financial Services; Contracts, Procurement & Risk Management; the University Budget Office; Facilities Planning and Development; Human Resources including Payroll; the University Police Department (UPD); and Facilities Management including Plant Operations, Distribution Services, Property, Maintenance, Transportation and Construction Management.
Duties: As one of four vice presidents, the Vice President for Administration and Finance plays a key role in the development of University policy and represents the campus in dealings with the Chancellor’s Office, with other universities, and with the local community in matters of mutual interest and concern. The Vice President for Administration and Finance also works closely with the Provost and other vice presidents to ensure a collaborative approach for oversight of university operations.
The successful candidate will have strong analytic skills, the ability to communicate effectively, and will strive to build strong university-wide working teams with faculty, staff, students and administrators. The Vice President also will foster relationships with alumni, business partners and other institutional constituencies.
The Vice President for Administration and Finance will help to develop and implement a comprehensive financial plan in step with university priorities and will ensure that sound financial recording and reporting principles are followed. The Vice President is also responsible for ensuring that the campus complies with all applicable human resource, labor, employment equity and payroll laws, policies and procedures. The Vice President also ensures that the campus master plan for facilities construction and development is maintained and advanced, and s/he acts as an advocate for obtaining resources to execute the plan.
Minimum Qualifications: Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
• Extensive senior level experience and a proven record of leadership in planning, project management, problem solving and managing a highly skilled professional organization with a diverse fiscal structure;
• Significant prior responsibility for finance and budgetary decisions at the organizational level in the public or private sector;
• A thorough knowledge of, or extensive experience in, budget development and management; accounting theory and practice; and familiarity with risk management and applicable laws and regulations relating to human resources and employment equity;
• Leadership experience in capital project planning;
• Familiarity with complex fiscal models, budget and auditing best practices;
• Ability to manage and inspire colleagues with a strong emphasis on collegiality and customer service;
• Must work with fellow vice presidents as a team player seeking solutions for the good of the whole university; and
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to establish good working relations with faculty, staff, students, business partners and other institutional constituencies.
• An experienced professional with a track record for providing leadership in all aspects of Administration and Finance;
• Experience with integrating current technology into administrative systems such as business services, human resources, and/or facilities management processes;
• Experience in a collective bargaining environment and experience in public/private partnership development;
• A master’s or doctorate degree from an accredited university;
• Experience in higher education; and
• Knowledge and experience in the development, management and maintenance of campus facilities and grounds.
Compensation: This position is covered by the California State University Management Personnel Plan and has an excellent benefits package. Under this plan, incumbents are subject to normal management reviews and serve at the pleasure of the President. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Additional Management Personnel Plan information can be found at the following website: www.calstate.edu/HRAdm/policies/mpp.shtml.
Application Procedure: Applicants should submit a letter of application addressing the qualifications, a complete curriculum vitae or resume, a brief statement of administrative philosophy, and the names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of five references to:
Chair, Vice President for Administration and Finance
c/o Human Resources
Humboldt State University
1 Harpst Street
Arcata, CA 95521-8299
Application Deadline: Review of completed applications will begin April 30, 2012 and will continue until the position is filled.
Siemens Hall - Room 211
Arcata, CA 95521-8299
Fax: (707) 826-3625
It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide complete and accurate employment information. Incorrect or improperly completed applications will not be considered for vacancies. Any reference in this announcement to required periods of experience or education is full-time activity. Part-time experience or education--or activities only part of which are qualifying--will receive proportionate credit. In accordance with applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements, preference may be given to the campus applicants covered by these agreements. However, positions are open to all interested applicants, both on and off campus.
Class Code: 3800
Evidence of required degree(s), certification(s), or license(s) will be required prior to the appointment date. The successful candidate for a position at HSU is re- quired to be fingerprinted through the Humboldt State University Police Department or their local law enforcement agency. The results of the fingerprint process must be received by the university prior to the candidate’s appointment. The cost of the fingerprinting is borne by the university.
Publication Date: March 29, 2012
Humboldt State University is committed to achieving the goals of equal opportunity and endeavors to employ faculty and staff of the highest quality reflecting the ethnic and cultural diversity of the state. Additional information about Humboldt State University can be found at www.humboldt.edu.
Humboldt State University is an Equal Opportunity/Title IX/ADA Employer. Applications from and nominations of qualified women, minority candidates, covered veterans and disabled persons are particularly encouraged. Humboldt State University hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.