Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/13/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The University of California’s division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR) seeks an academic advisor who can conduct a multi-county-based extension, education, and applied research program for adults, families, and youth with an emphasis on nutrition and obesity prevention, including associated issues relevant to the area such as food security and health literacy.
We seek an advisor who is:
- An innovative researcher or has the ability and commitment to develop an applied research program, evaluate programs, and report accomplishments, results, and potential or actual impacts to scientific and lay audiences.
- A leader with program management experience who will provide academic oversight to a large nutrition education program with 26 FTE.
- An educator, who can deliver an ongoing extension education program using traditional, contemporary, and emerging tools that address the needs of clients in the area served that are age, literacy and culturally appropriate; and that adhere to research-based curricula, program protocols, and grant requirements.
- A collaborator, who can develop partnerships and leverage resources to deliver innovative approaches that will develop, strengthen and expand the local delivery of statewide programs; one who can collaborate with UC ANR Strategic Initiatives, Program Teams, workgroups, and specialists; federally funded nutrition programs, the private sector, and others within the research/extension network.
- A visionary, who can complement UC ANR’s Strategic Vision, optimizing opportunities for conducting outstanding research and extension programs that meet the needs of Californians.
For information about UC ANR, the rich breadth of program scope and delivery, and how we are making a difference in California, candidates are invited to visit our Web site: http://ucanr.edu/.
This is an academic career track appointment with the following requirements:
- A minimum of a Master's Degree; other advanced degrees are encouraged in nutrition, health education, human development or a closely related field.
- Must possess an understanding of nutrition with the ability to transfer research-based principles to program design and research design methodologies.
- Program and/or personnel management experience.
- The ability to apply low-literacy and cultural/ethnic principles to program-research design.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
Having community collaboration experience and being credentialed as a Registered Dietitian and bilingual in Spanish or an Asian language is highly desirable.
Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant to Associate Advisor Rank, and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. We have great benefits, for more information visit the UC Benefits Web site: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/.
Learn more about what makes UC ANR a great place to work and see the full position announcement and application process: Visit http://ucanr.edu/jobs or contact Soo Hsieh at ANRacademicsearch@ucop.edu or call (530) 750-1285 and refer to position listing AP#14-21. Apply by February 8, 2015 to assure full consideration (open until filled).
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.