Detailed Job Description
Supports the Office of Recreational Sports Customer Service Areas (Pro Shop, Reception, Equipment Checkout and Facility Supervision) under the direction of the Director. Provides support to meet user group requests and special event needs.
Responsible for at least 2 shifts of pro shop manager coverage/week.
- Works at least 6-12 student hours per week.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating Customer Service and Fitness staff (60-75 student staff).
- Report to the Assistant Director regarding supervision, organization, and evaluation of the Customer Service and Fitness staff (60-75 student staff).
- Organizes and conducts annual All-Staff training sessions and monthly student staff meetings.
- Responsible for revision for all staff training videos, presentations, and checklists.
- Responsible for posting/updating facility reservations sheets within the RSC and Phillips Hall, including specific activity areas.
- Assists with facility coverage and other departmental special events at the RSC and Phillips Hall including planning, staffing, and evaluation; integral part of the Event Management Team.
- Purchase and maintain inventories for all equipment and towel supplies needed for patron check-out.
- Assists with special event requests, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Serve on various RSC committees.
- Works with the Director and Customer Services Full Time Staff, researching, reviewing, recommending, and initiating new opportunities, changes, and/or action plans to office/facility customer services, policies, procedures, and/or customer offerings.
- Assists with management of the Reception Control, Equipment Checkout, Informal Recreation Coordinator, and Pro Shop areas assuring accountability, efficiency, friendliness, and total quality customer service for both external and internal customers.
- Receive training in Reception/Equipment, Pro Shop, Informal Recreational Coordinator and Special Event staff areas.
- Assists the Assistant Director in coordinating student staff committees to promote student leadership, motivation, communication, and development.
- Responsible for investigating and reviewing customer complaints.
- Attend state, regional, and national conferences/meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience working in a collegiate, recreational sports environment.
- Must have current CPR/First Aid, BBP and AED certifications.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Computer experience required, preferred experience in using Microsoft Office.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree in recreation, exercise science or equivalent experience in the field.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.