Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/2/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Biology Department at the University of Nevada, Reno is seeking a Lecturer to teach sections of introductory biology and other biology courses as needed for Biology Faculty teaching buyouts, and to meet enrollment growth needs; as well as assist in the advisement of Biology and Neuroscience majors.
Teaching responsibilities include two courses per semester and perform department service that includes but is not limited to advising undergraduates. Carry out other academic duties as assigned.
This is a 12 month appointment, non-tenure track position.
1. An earned PhD in biology, physiology, or related discipline
2. Significant teaching experience in the field at the college level in a faculty position or as a graduate student
3. Ability to teach with excellence biology concepts and principles to undergraduate students
5. Ability to serve as a mentor, advisor and role model to students
6. Ability to work productively and cooperatively with colleagues
7. Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
8. A strong commitment to stay current and professionally qualified in the profession
Applicants who have at least 2 years college level teaching experience in general biology and human biology, introduction to cell biology, genetics and can demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching are preferred.
Please apply to: https://www.unrsearch.com/postings/10467
The University of Nevada, Reno is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its students and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, and sexual orientation. The University of Nevada, Reno employs only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Women and under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.