Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/11/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Key Position Information
This position serves a critical role in St. Petersburg College's out-of-class support model and fits in with the college's mission of helping students finish what they start. This position will be responsible in supporting and promoting student success in various ways. The ideal candidate enjoys working with people has experience with delivering exceptional student and customer service. Duties of this position may include but are not limited to:
· Tutoring students with all levels of math coursework (Developmental to Calculus, Trig, Statistics)
· Ideal candidate can also tutor science including Biology and Chemistry
· Using telephone, email, and face-to-face tutoring sessions to assist students
· Assisting with computer programs used for math, science and online coursework
· Keeping abreast of new resources and technologies;
· Assuring a comfortable study atmosphere in the library and/or learning center.
· Troubleshooting, maintaining, and helping users with computer/printer equipment;
· Providing clear, accurate, and focused classroom/individual instruction to students, faculty, and staff
· Preparing and delivering workshops and teaching aids to students
· Collaborating with college faculty in teaching specialized topics.
The employee will work primarily at the Downtown Campus with a day or two at the Midtown Campus.
The start date is targeted for January 2015
REGULAR SCHEDULE: 9 am - 5 pm with one night shift/week until 7 pm. Energized by working in a team environment;has a great phone presence; has a positive outlook and attitude; able to remove barriers and help students succeed.
Department/Location: Learning Resources / Downtown
Two years related experience.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.