Detailed Job Description
This position is responsible for coordinating and overseeing a vending operation including the supervising and directing of full time, part time and student staff. Duties include supervising and training employees in all aspects of the vending service operation including evaluating staff and conducting staff meetings and on-going training programs; managing and working with budgetary guidelines established by the Director of Dining Services; developing high quality customer service; maintaining high standards of sanitation and safety; preparing work orders for repair of facilities and equipment maintenance; preparing reports; scheduling work hours; compiling Kronos payroll and Harco data, proficient use of FSS System, preparing departmental reports using computer programs in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and performing other related duties as may be required including other food service operations.
This individual must be available to work a flexible schedule revolving around scheduled athletic events involving many weekends and evenings.
- Assist staff in preparing daily orders for delivery.
- Oversee and assist in inspecting deliveries for accuracy. Inform vendor of any discrepancies or problems with order.
- Responsible for supervising and training of all supplies assistants, senior accounting assistant, and student staff working for vendor operations.
- Assist supplies assistants by maintaining proper organization of products, performing cycle counts and assisting with inventory procedures.
- Gives regular assistance to the storage area to maintain cleanliness, rotation of product, use of dead stock and organization.
- Responsible for the maintenance of time and attendance through the Kronos system for full time and student staff.
- Performs monthly meetings with supplies assistants and senior accounting assistant.
- Responsible for the management of refunds through established building contacts including replenishing money as needed.
- In the absence of the senior account clerk, responsible for the accounting of money, deposit and data entry for vending reconciliation.
- Handles all customer service issues related to vending, including third party AVI snack vending. In addition, may have to verify customer MUlaa accounts for non-vends or no receipt of product, etc.
- Assists in producing concise, written and oral communications with the Athletic Department to ensure special concerns and issues relating to each event are met.
- Assists in managing University staff in concessions (VENDING)operations, including delegating effectively to subordinate staff organizing weekly schedules, compiling payroll data and administering progressive discipline as required.
- Assists with purchasing management decisions including the procurement and quality control of inventory for game day events through direct contact with the vendors and the Culinary Support Center.
- Supervises, schedules and directs individuals (STUDENT AND REGULAR STAFF IN THE SCHEDULING OF WORK DUTIES INCLUDING, CAMPUS VENDING ROUTE COVERAGE, CASH HANDLING AND RECONCILIATION, PRODUCT ORDERING, RECEIVING AND STORAGE AND EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE) involved in the set-up of game day events including arranging service, and clean up while ensuring all prep schedules, sanitation guidelines and procedures are being followed.
- Establishes and maintains written contracts with all volunteer groups and effectively monitor them such that both sides meet all requirements.
- Assists in maintaining accurate accounting procedures at all times for commission distribution to volunteer groups and the athletic department.
- Recommends improvements and innovations for products, (EQUIPMENT) menus, and the services and facilities to reflect industry trends, customer tastes and cost efficiency.
- Enforce University and HDGS policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Assist as needed for other operations and events as required.
- Works to coordinate and maintain work spaces and office spaces
- Ensure all safe precautions for cash counting and cash handling including maintenance of security cameras and alarms in required areas.
- Performs other duties as required.
Associate's degree in a related field (Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, Dietetics, Management, etc.) and 3 - 5 years of progressive experience in vending or other food service operations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in all phases of (VENDING) food service operations, including utilizing related equipment and following standard safety procedures, budget formulation, and report, and payroll preparation; the ability to organize work and train and supervise subordinate staff effectively; use proficient oral and written communication skills; and establish professional working relationships with subordinate staff, co-workers, supervisors, other University personnel, students and the general public are a must. A strong background in customer relations and service is essential.
Established records of employment performance (including attendance) are mandatory. Proficient use of computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Working knowledge of University and departmental programs in Kronos, Harco and FSS.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.