Detailed Job Description
Provides administrative support to the Associate Dean of Admissions and the Director of Admissions. Provides information and communication support for various internal and external constituencies served by the office.
1. Responsible for the electronic preparation and management of all applicant files (AMCAS, Supplemental, Interview Rating and Screening 1 Forms and related documents)
2. Schedule and manage interview days (recruiting committee members to conduct interviews, coordinating room reservations, arranging for technical equipment, compiling interview day packets and name badges, arranging for meals and related functions and handling unexpected problems as they arise.
3. Facilitate and process data for paperless admissions system using various software packages and systems.
4. Manages front desk operations and acts as information resource on admissions policy and procedures.
5. Answer questions about admissions policies and procedures for the general public, applicants, committee members and fellow staff members.
6. Answers and directs a high volume of e-mail inquiries.
7. Answers and directs a high volume of incoming phone calls.
8. Trains new employees and student workers on telephone and email procedures.
9. Manages the mailing of all admissions materials.
10. Responsible for all data entry as it relates to the admissions process.
11. Record, monitor, and produce statistical reports.
12. Edits and updates content on the admissions website.
13. Drafts email correspondence with public and applicants.
14. Edits and proofs letters for the associate dean and director.
15. Assist in the creation of the admissions committee handbook.
16. Prepare letters for deferred students and wait-listed candidates.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
3-5 years office experience
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Strong computer, database (Microsoft Office) skills
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Desired Minimum Qualifications
BS/BA degree preferred