Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/2/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Riverside Community College District
Director of Basketball Operations/Head Basketball Coach
Application Deadline: 01/02/2015
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Department: Athletics (R)
Position Type: Academic Management
Physical location of the position: Riverside
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Length: 12-month
Salary Range: Grade T
Salary Amount: $81,989 - $99,817
Salary Type: Annual
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? No
Under the direction of the Director, Athletics, the Director of Basketball Operations/ Head Basketball Coach is responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective and competitive CCCAA (M&W) Basketball Program. This position will also encompass assistant athletic director duties and serve as a lead administrator in the absence of the Athletic Director. The recruitment and retention of quality students in both men's and women's programs will be integral to this position. This position will also plan and coordinate the Annual RCC Holiday Basketball Tournament, sport community relations and work with different areas in the community while creating volunteer opportunities for the student-athletes. This director will oversee all aspects of recruiting within the sport programs. This includes planning and coordinating recruiting visits, coordinating the recruiting database and mailing system. This position will travel with the team and assist with all logistics as it relates to travel and coordinate team video needs. The Head Basketball Coach will also be expected to demonstrate the ability to promote the physical, intellectual and social growth of student-athletes. The Head Basketball Coach is responsible for directing all aspects of their assigned sport program.
This position will serve as direct supervisor for the head women's basketball coach.
1) Master's degree from an accredited institution in a discipline taught at the community college is required.
2) Master's in physical education, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, exercise science, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education OR a California Community College Instructor Credential in the subject matter of physical education is also required.
One year of formal training, internship or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrative assignment. Five to seven years recruiting and coaching experience at the collegiate level is required.
Rules and guidelines set forth by the NCAA and CCCAA, the Orange Empire Conference, and Riverside City College policies and procedures.
Develop sports skills, strategies and philosophy; promote scholar-athlete welfare and provide appropriate mentoring to scholar-athletes and assistant coaches; effectively communicate within the department and with the College community on matters pertaining to the overall basketball program (Men and Women); maintain standards of professional conduct and ethics.
• Direct both men's and women's coaching staff with the flow of daily correspondence and day to day operations of running a sport program.
• Work with the Athletic Director to develop short- and long-range planning for overall student success initiative and success of RCC athletic program.
• Assist the Athletic Director with the overall fundraising/sponsorship initiatives, including the Annual RCC Holiday Basketball Tournament and directing staff in his/her absence.
• Make recommendations to Athletic Director to improve/change current policies/procedures as it relates to game operation and overall game environment.
• Responsible for developing a manual for recruiting, academics and athletes, etc.
• Responsible for coordinating the head coaches calendar in regards to recruiting and appearances in the community.
• Responsible for distributing compliance bulletins to staff for each recruiting cycle, informing compliance of coaches' travel schedule, maintaining and turning in phone logs to compliance, proactively identifying and resolving any walk-on eligibility issues, staying up-to-date on all new legislation and inform all staff, preview official and unofficial visit compliance paperwork.
• Prepare reports, records, and other related documents as it relates to matriculation, transfer, and retention.
• Assist with the monitoring of academic progress of student-athletes.
• Establish and maintain an environment conducive to the welfare and academic success of the student-athlete.
• Establish and maintain effective interactions with students, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni, and the public.
• Create, develop, and direct a summer RCC basketball camp initiative.
• Direct staff in order to develop a senior camp, youth camp, team camp, and the logistics of each event.
• Responsible for all recruiting aspects of summer camp, this includes: providing lists of prospects attending camp to coaches, separating prospects from general campers on day of camp, providing recorded times to coaches during camp.
• Identify, hire, train and evaluate assistant coaches, including volunteers; ensure that assistant coach/volunteers adhere to all College, California Community College Athletic Association, Orange Empire Conference, and NCAA guidelines.
Athletics: Head Men's Basketball Coach
• Serve as head coach, advisor, mentor and role model in order to foster the physical, intellectual, and social development of student-athletes.
• Actively engage in campus-wide activities and within the Student Services Division.
• Maximize the physical talent of the basketball team through excellence in coaching, teaching, and the promotion of teamwork.
• Follow all rules and guidelines set forth by the NCAA and CCCAA, the Orange Empire Conference, and Riverside City College policies and procedures.
• Plan, organize and administer all in-season practice sessions for men's basketball, and develop team playing schedule in coordination with the Director of Athletics and scheduling offices.
• Retain student-athletes at RCC within the men's basketball program.
• Supply information in the preparation of the media guides; be available to media for interviews; be available for speaking engagements.
• Maintain inventory of equipment, uniforms, and supplies.
• Carry out team travel according to established policies and procedures.
• Serve as a member of the Management Leadership Association.
• Maintain an understanding of current ideas, research and practices pertaining to the areas of responsibility for this position, through continued study and participation in professional organizations.
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must have evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
Faculty, students and staff.
Normal office environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is an Academic Management position with twelve-month contracts. Paid vacation, 22 days annually; and paid accruable sick leave, 12 days annually. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than 12 months. The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Chani Beeman, 450 E. Alessandro Blvd., Riverside, CA 92508. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Effective Employment Date: Mutually agreed-upon start date.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/548863
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.