Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/19/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the direction of the Associate Professor, the Assistant Professor - College Success Studies will: create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives; participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff; promote the general wellbeing of the department, the college and collective and individual interest of its staff and student body; support and seek always to fulfill the guiding concepts for the college embodied in the philosophy, mission, values and vision adopted by UVU.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
-Develop and teach student development, first year experience, and leadership and mentoring courses using a variety of delivery methods including hybrid and online instruction.
-Plan, prepare, and follow an approved course of study with measurable objectives for each course taught.
-Maintain a student-oriented approach to education.
- Prepare instructional materials including examinations, course outlines, syllabi, visual aids, and presentations, as necessary.
- Instruct and provide effective leadership and classroom management to individuals and groups in regular classrooms and/or computerized classrooms through lectures, discussions, conferences, demonstrations, meetings, individualized instruction and other appropriate teaching methods.
-Evaluate instruction and learning by means of written, oral, practical, and performance test.
-Maintain and submit accurate, current reports and records regarding student accountability, attendance, performance and follow-up.
-Establish and maintain regular office hours, to advise and mentor students, as well as at other times as needed.
-Demonstrate effective leadership and mentoring knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Effectively mentor students. e.g., in courses, mentoring and degree programs.
-Commitment to continuous professional and personal development and learning and improvement, including maintaining currency in the field by reading and using materials found in professional publications and keeping abreast of new developments, trends and techniques through participation in workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Develop, demonstrate and actively engage in and pursue scholarly projects and activities, including the scholarship of teaching and learning.
-Assist department chair, faculty colleagues and department staff, and advisors in maintaining an effective program.
-Attend faculty and other meetings as assigned.
- Contribute to department, college, and university through dependable work on various departmental assignments.
- Mentor adjunct instructors of student development, first year experience, and leadership and mentoring courses.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.