Detailed Job Description
Provides technical support to Drupal content management system (CMS) end-users across campus, supports site maintenance efforts and the delivery of new web and mobile sites. The Web Specialist plans, develops, and delivers technical training for Drupal users and interfaces with a wide variety of stakeholders internally and across campus. This position has a strong technical support component, a project management component and is responsible for performing QA testing as required for the Digital Engagement Team.
Additional Description of Duties:
Technical Support & Training:
- Serve as the point person for all technical support inquiries from content management system (CMS) admin users across campus.
- Collaborate with clients and developers to create, update and design webpages in Drupal and to improve CMS tools for admin users.
- Promote and monitor site updates for best practices and compliance with web governance
- Train and manage student workers for daily support of tasks
- Identify and address potential bugs and inefficiencies.
- Troubleshoot and restore routine technical service problems by identifying, researching and diagnosing basic symptoms.
- Produce and maintain all Web-based training materials
- Deliver Drupal training programs to end-users across campus
- Manage smaller web projects and website launches for departments across the Bentley campus.
- Assist with online Marketing initiatives as needed.
- Work collaboratively with web designers & developers on the team
- Responsible for performing all QA testing of sites and pages as part of QA testing plans.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One to two years of experience in a Web or IT environment or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize time effectively in order to meet deadlines and be flexible in a fast-paced, quick changing environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral required.
- Ability to support customers and translate technical information to non-technical language for end-users.
- Experience conducting workshops or training sessions preferred.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.