Detailed Job Description
This part-time therapist performs the duties of a generalist mental health counselor, providing clinical services to student clients and consultation services services to faculty, students, parents, and staff, providing such supplemental services for SCS during the high demand period of the Fall and Spring academic semesters. May provide supervision and training services if licensure status permits.
Duties: Job Responsibilities and Roles:
- Provides psychological and/or counseling services, including psychological assessment, and individual and group counseling and psychotherapy to Miami University students presenting a wide range of mental health concerns.
- Intervenes in crisis and emergency situations of a mental health nature with students, possibly including occasional after hours on-call responsibilities.
- Consults with faculty, staff and other professionals regarding the mental health needs of students.
- May initiate and respond to requests to provide psycho-educational programming to various groups within the university community depending upon center needs and the expertise of the Psychotherapist.
- Maintains clinical records and provides clinical documentation and communication with in-house and external practitioners as necessary for ethical clinical treatment.
- Attends and participates in clinical staff meetings and consultations as schedule allows.
- May provide clinical supervision and training services within the SCS psychology training program if licensure status allows.
Earned or is in process of earning an appropriate advanced degree in the mental health field (e.g. Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, etc) and is independently licensed to practice in OH or qualifies to work under the license and supervision of a current SCS STaff member.
(1) Doctoral degree and licensure as a psychologist, Social worker, or LPCC in OH. (2) Experience and training in providing clinical services to university students within a counseling center context.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.