Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/31/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Los Rios Community College District
Health Information Technology Assistant Professor (80%)/ Program Coordinator (20%)
Cosumnes River College, located in south Sacramento County, and its center in Elk Grove provide a dynamic learning environment for more than 14,000 students. The open access, student-centered campus prepares students to realize their educational and career goals through exemplary transfer, general, and career education in an academically rigorous and inclusive environment. Cosumnes River College also offers exceptional instruction in basic skills and English for non-native speakers, as well as a broad array of life-long learning and workforce development programs.
CRC awards Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees, Career Technical Education certificates, and transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education at a four year college or university. CRC is an educational organization that values diversity, focuses on creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach their full potential as informed and productive members of the community.
Founded in 1970, Cosumnes River College is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable values. The college provides technologically updated classrooms and offers a variety of schedules for those that need flexibility.
As one of the four colleges that comprise the Los Rios Community College District, our faculty and staff promote an ethic of caring and mutual respect, fairness and integrity which are part of our Honor Code. Our highly diverse student body learns how to be successful students and productive citizens in a beautiful learning environment that has seen new facilities built and improved upon in recent years.
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: Teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her professional responsibilities; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Cosumnes River College is seeking a student centered Assistant Professor/Program Coordinator for the Health Information Technology (HIT) Program. The Health Information Technology Program is an online only program.
Additional Position Summary:
• The HIT Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
• The faculty member shall chair the industry advisory committee to assure the curriculum meets the needs of industry and the community.
• The incumbent is also required to work with schools to promote articulation, student success, support student career employment and job placements.
• The college maintains a focus on new innovative distance education teaching strategies.
• The faculty member will attend technical training, workshops and conferences then apply the knowledge to teaching.
1. Have a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution completed by January 4, 2015, AND two years of occupational and/or professional experience directly related to the assignment being taught; OR, the equivalent* OR, hold a California Community College Instructor's Credential.
2. Hold and maintain a valid Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certificate or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certificate.
3. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
* Note: Applicants applying under the "equivalent" provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is equivalent of the degrees listed above.
Beginning and/or Ending Dates:
Full-time, Tenure-track Position.
Beginning on or about January 4, 2015.
To receive full consideration applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District faculty position are required to submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work ** (graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts). NOTE: Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
6. Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator ( RHIA) certificate
**Note: Applications submitted without transcripts will be disqualified. Also individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Administrative/Executive/Faculty Positions: Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses.
Administrative/Executive Positions: Administrative positions may be subject to the District's Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Additional Salary Information:
Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units and degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and on verified experience. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends.
CRC (Cosumnes River College)
CRC Careers & Technology
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/539420
LRCCD embraces diversity as one of the core values of the organization.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.