Detailed Job Description
Maintain and develop custom code for the university's administrative application software, specifically Datatel's Colleague ERP application, the SharePoint Portal (MyQ), Kronos and ImageNow. Provide data interfaces to and from our internal Applications as well as hosted software solutions. Serve as an information systems analyst working in a team environment.
1. Performs application software development for Datatel Colleague, ImageNow, SharePoint, Kronos and up to 30 other critical University Applications
2.Create and maintain one-way and bi-directional interfaces to the ERP system, including but not limited to, Blackboard, Active Directory, SharePoint, Medicat, Resource25, SEVIS, FACOD, Kronos, PAVE (Judicial Action System), Rave and e-commerce tuition management system.
3. Acts as liaison between user department and software vendor.
4. Assists end users with problem resolution.
5. Assists with server side software and support.
6. Attends annual software vendor user group meetings representing the university.
University Applications supports and develops applications for the university's ERP system (Datatel), the Web site and application layer support for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server, Windows SharePoint Services, Exchange and Active Directory. Support includes development and maintenance of interfaces from Datatel to other University systems, such as, Blackboard course management and campus card, Active Directory, Kronos Timekeeper, Resource25 and 10 other subsidiary systems. Current implementation projects include a university portal phased implementation, university instant messaging, Datatel upgrade to Release 18 and Active Campus portal product.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- C# or Java programming and unix scripting experience required.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- Three to five years equivalent work experience.
- General knowledge of administrative systems and processes in a University setting
- Proven analytical ability, good interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and able to travel for specific Datatel technical and application training.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Datatel evision programming or eclipse is desirable.
- Experience with Datatel or other ERP system and Unix knowledge a plus.