Detailed Job Description
Perform secretarial duties required to support the School of Business Dean's Office.
1.Maintain phone coverage and greet visitors and students, take messages, relay information and respond to electronic messaging. Handle high public contact efficiently and professionally. Have knowledge of Quinnipiac procedures, catalog, and the student handbook; answer questions within scope of knowledge and authority. Prioritize and evaluate the level of urgency of constituents needs.
2. Schedule and maintain electronic calendar for the Dean's Office staff; maintain electronic schedule cards for all full-time faculty per school semester.
3. Review and route incoming mail for appropriate distribution and action.
4. Use Quinnipiac's Datatel system fully and effectively, including the School of Business budget, requisitions, grant accounts and student record keeping.
5. Arrange meetings and travel as required, notify participants, and arrange for all materials, food, facilities, AV equipment, budgets, and support functions.
6. Submit and monitor work orders for minor building/office repairs; coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
7. Monitor office supply needs and place orders when appropriate.
8. Use University software to perform duties such as correspondence, spreadsheets, dean's list cards, meeting minutes, reports, grants, forms and memo's. Edit work for accuracy, format, spelling, punctuation and construction. Assure timely completion of all material.
9. Gather and enter data for the preparation of various reports/documents.
10. Attend, document, maintain post minutes for School of Business faculty meetings.
11. Organize and maintain a filing system for all pertinent data/information related to faculty, staff, and students as well as the activities/functions of the School of Business so that it is readily accessible.
12. Assist with the organization, preparation and ordering for receptions, open houses, information sessions and other University events.
13. Supervise and coordinate schedules for student workers.
14. Maintain the confidentiality of faculty, staff and students with respect to personal and academic and related professional issues that are presented to the Dean's office.
15. Other secretarial duties as assigned.