Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/9/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position of Strategic Buyer-Planner to support procurement of goods and services for its campuses.
Quinnipiac University is a thriving private university with 6,500 undergraduate and 2,300 graduate students, located in Hamden, Connecticut, approximately 90 minutes from New York City and two hours from Boston. Consistently ranked among the best universities by U.S. News & World Report and recently named one of the 2013 Great Colleges to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education, Quinnipiac offers 58 undergraduate majors and 20 graduate and professional programs, including those leading to degrees in both law and medicine. At the core of Quinnipiac is its commitment to teaching and collaboration. Quinnipiac fosters partnerships among students and with faculty; it is a spirited, welcoming campus.
- Assist the community in identifying their needs, selecting vendors and negotiating contracts for the various types of supplies and equipment.
- Perform bid/cost analysis, and/or other value added activities when processing requirements for goods and services as required by the Quinnipiac community.
- Support the Procurement section of the Administrative Services in identifying new strategic opportunities or contract enhancements with vendors.
- Act as the liaison between the vendor and the community in developing and administering contracts and in resolving all related issues.
- Ensure compliance to University policy. Educate and train as needed.
-Proactively facilitates and analyzes University requirements. Consults with end users and suppliers to implement optimal strategic partnership agreements
- Administer and maintain the University travel program.
- Maintains Vendor Master File for accuracy of vendor remit information and acquires, reviews, enters and updates 1099 information in the master file.
- Works with Controller’s office on year end 1099 file reporting and reconciliation.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of experience in procurement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
-Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to manage support staff.
- Well organized, with attention to detail
- Superior customer service skills.
Applications must be submitted electronically and should include a resume and a thoughtful cover letter describing your interest in the position, and explaining how your background and experience qualify you for this position.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the university community and we welcome candidates who would enhance that diversity.
Job Code 2014-1591
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.