Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/25/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Louis University, a Catholic, Jesuit institution dedicated to student learning, research, health care, and service is seeking applicants for the position of Associate University Archivist, Pius XII Memorial Library, at the rank of Assistant Professor, non-tenure track, 12-month appointment.
Duties: Prepare, organize and process archives, manuscripts, and photographic collections; create finding guides, records, and metadata using DACS, Archon, and CONTENTdm, or direct others in doing so; access, appraise and inventory newly acquired materials, and perform necessary preservation or physical preparation, or supervise staff and student workers in these tasks; promote learning and teaching from the collections through classroom instruction and outreach; respond to reference and research inquiries, and participate in our ongoing program of digitization.
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library and information science program, with an
emphasis in archives or related field.
- Minimum of three years experience working with archival collections
- Demonstrated knowledge of archival organization and descriptive standards, e.g., DACS, ISAD(G)
- Demonstrated knowledge of metadata standards, e.g. , EAD, PREMIS, METS, Dublin Core
- Demonstrated knowledge of archival and content management systems, e.g., Archon, Archivists Toolkit, ArchivesSpace, CONTENTdm, Fedora
- Demonstrated knowledge of common thesauri, authority files, e.g., VIAFF, LCSH, AAT, TGM, GMPG
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform tasks associated with retrieval of archival materials and to move/lift up to 50lbs.
- Certified Archivist qualification from the Academy of Certified Archivists
- A second post-baccalaureate degree in a relevant subject area from an accredited institution of higher education
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OAIS model
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable domain knowledge areas, e.g., Jesuit history, Catholic history, Saint Louis regional history.
Interested candidates should apply online at https://jobs.slu.edu. Please include a cover letter and CV. We offer a competitive salary, attractive benefits including retirement program, insurance, tuition remission, vacation, and holidays.
Saint Louis University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE) and encourages nominations of and application from women and minorities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.