Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/12/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position exists to develop and enhance the role of Service Learning at MSU Denver. This position is part of the Applied Learning Center and will work directly with the Service Learning Faculty Associate. There will be close collaboration with the Center for Faculty Development to provide support for service learning instructional design and delivery. Priorities will include: promoting the Service Learning Class Designation, coordinating the Service Learning Advisory Council, developing assessment tools, managing the Service Learning Grant program, assisting faculty with service learning pedagogy, and finding service learning community partnerships for faculty. The position will work closely with the Program Coordinator of the Center for Urban Connections on projects related to partnership development for the Puksta Scholars Program.
40% Administer and promote the Service Learning Program:
- Market and promote the idea of service learning across campus
- Promote the Service Learning Designation
- Administer and promote the Service Learning Grant Program
- Develop relationships with community partners to develop service learning projects
- Analyze requests for service learning partners and determine if projects are appropriate
- Meet with students to assist them with finding community partners for service learning assignments
- Visit service learning classes to provide worker’s compensation and liability information to students
- Develop an “Impact Summit” that showcases activities and results of community engagement at MSU Denver
40% Coordinate and facilitate faculty development relevant to service learning:
- Respond to faculty requests for assistance in the pedagogical development of service learning curriculum
- Assist faculty in the process of writing curriculum packets for review to obtain the Service Learning Designation
- Develop and coordinate assessment strategies for service learning outcomes
- Respond to requests from faculty for community partners for service learning projects for their classes
- Work with the Center for Faculty Development to create workshops and training for faculty interested in experiential and service learning
10% Support the Center for Urban Connections:
- Mentor Puksta Scholar students as needed
- Support the Puksta Scholars Program in creating appropriate programming for the students
- Liaison with community partners in situations of overlap between the Center for Urban Connections, the Service Learning Program and the Puksta Scholars Program
10% Support the Applied Learning Center:
- Take responsibility for ensuring that service learning activities are tracked in the Applied Learning Center Database
- Support the joint strategic plan of the Applied Learning Center through marketing and special events
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Communication, Psychology, Education, Human Services, Sociology, Political Science or other related area.
- At least 2 years of experience working in community engaged programing in an educational setting.
- Experience creating collaborative working relationships with community agencies
- Doctorate degree.
- Experience working with pedagogies of experiential and collaborative learning.
- Experience in the area of faculty development.
- Experience in developing assessment strategies.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.