Detailed Job Description
Miami University has an opening for a Video Production Assistant in the University Communications and Marketing department.
Our growth and increased demand in the University Communications and Marketing's Video Production department has created a need for a multi-talented, experienced Video Professional who will perform routine, video production tasks and be able to support our Video Production Supervisor. As a member of our video production team, this creative professional will capture features, documentaries, promotions, events, and a host of other activities held at Miami University.
- Training/Experience in Video Production
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art video camera, equipment operation, lighting techniques for a broad range of conditions, and accomplished audio production skills
- Ability to work independently and as an effective production team member. Must also be a self-starter and creative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to make quick decisions
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
Ability to lead and give clear directions, as well as take direction
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and the ability to bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- Flexibility to perform with varying, changing and multiple shifts, extended hours, and meet expectation of last minute work demands
- Knowledge and proficiency in Apple products, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
- High School Diploma
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Bachelors degree, Associates degree, or training certificate in video production or related field.
- 1-2 years experience in video field and studio production.
Ability to perform advanced field production functions involving lighting, directing video live streaming, and audio recording.
- Knowledge of web based video and social media platforms (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).
- 1-2 years experience editing
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer editing systems, software and related equipment.
- Ability to exhibit creative concepts through editing composition, with ability to learn and apply new and advanced technology quickly.
- Ability to exercise judgment and evaluate concepts, given a script or project, with the willingness and ability to choose media appropriate to tell the overall story.
- Demonstrative knowledge of Video Codecs, digital television, web standards, and necessary conversion techniques for social media needs.
- Skilled in color perception, and possess meticulous attention to visual and composition detail with ability to color correct video as necessary.
- Skill with audio mixing and editing techniques.
- Competency to diagnose and resolve technical problems and discrepancies with both hardware and software involving digital editing processes.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.