Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/3/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepares and delivers instruction to students in assigned modalities (including classroom, hybrid, online, etc.). Prepares instructional materials. Provides feedback on students' progress, including evaluation of student mastery of course and program outcomes.
2. Provides ample periods of time for engaging students in matters related to academic success through posted student engagement hours and in other activities that support student learning.
3. Prepares and submits required documentation including course syllabi, student attendance, final course grades, and other information as requested or required by the college.
4. Participates in department/division staff meetings.
5. Maintains and disseminates current information pertaining to services available to students throughout the college.
6. Is familiar with and maintains behavior and actions consistent with college policies.
7. Maintains professional development/growth according to personal needs, in fulfillment of annual performance plans, and as required for certification.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
18 graduate semester hours in computer engineering, computer information systems, computer science, computer-based information systems (e.g., management, decision), information technology, software engineering or engineering programs with appropriate computer science or computer programming course work + master's degree
a master's degree with a major in computer engineering, computer information systems, computer science, computer-based information systems (e.g., management, decision), information technology, software engineering or engineering programs with appropriate computer science or computer programming course work.
1. Appropriate level of education [required] See Credentials Procedures Manual at: http://valenciacollege.edu/faculty/forms/credentials/
2. Teaching experience at the community college level (in some cases, related work experiences in the field, professional licensure and certifications, honors and awards, continuous documented excellence in teaching, or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes may be used to support an application in lieu of degree and course work requirements).
3. Professional commitment to education.
4. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
5. Ability to perform all of the Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
6. Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours and travel between campus locations as required.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.