Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/22/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Provides Journeyman-Level Systems Administration for Linux Server Platforms and related technologies supporting the University’s computing services. The position serves as a System Administrator within the Linux System Administration team. This position will have responsibilities supporting Linux server infrastructure as well as applications utilizing the Linux infrastructure. The focus of this position will be to support end users (students, faculty and staff) on Learning Platforms, Systems and Tools to enrich their experience on modern/current/innovative computing technologies.
LINUX SERVER ADMINISTRATION – 35%
Performs the full range of server systems administration work for Linux servers in support of University servers, database, WWW, programming, and other applications and services . This includes: Installation, configuration, verification, tuning, monitoring, upgrading and maintenance. Ensures that the University’s Linux server resources are fully functional and adhere to all software, hardware, configuration, and documentation standards of the industry as they apply to MSU Denver policies, procedures and standards. Regularly monitors and analyzes the performance of the Linux Computer Server Platforms and reports findings and recommendations to Supervisor and the Linux Team. Supports regular patch management procedures which include reviewing exploits and full analysis, testing of patches released from the vendor. Performs security reviews of system access and system configuration to insure system is secure, dependable, and running optimally.
SERVER VIRTUALIZATION MANAGEMENT- 30%
Employee has the responsibility of researching, designing, allocating, provisioning, maintaining, and decommissioning virtual machines hosted in VMWare’s ESXI 5.x and VMware’s VCloud. This includes and is not limited to the responsibilities of monitoring the network up time, storage, and the individual OS health of all guest virtual machine(s). Employee performs additional analysis and reporting on systems utilization and maintaining effective backup/recovery plans at the physical host, virtual machine, and OS client level. Ensures the University’s VMware hypervisor environments are fully functional and operating at optimal efficiency.
CLIENT SERVER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION – 15%
Employee will perform System and Application Administration of Client Server technologies. These will include configuring/ administering/coordinating applications/services on Microsoft Windows, MAC OSX, Luminis, Database, X-Windows and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) to provide robust/flexible environments and systems.
UNIVERSITY USER SUPPORT – 10%
Diagnoses, resolves, and corrects problems, answers questions, gives advice, and functions as a technical resource for faculty, administrators, students, and staff that use the Universities Linux server environments. These applications include Oracle DB, Weblogic, ConnectU, WordPress, X-Windows, Apache, Tomcat, LDAP “Lightweight Directory Access Protocol” and many others. These are specific Linux, Application, Database, WWW, Virtualization, and VCloud related problems/issues that require investigation, correction, and many times follow-up with the user concerning the eventual resolution. Employee functions as a front-line support technician for all Linux, Virtual Machine, and VCloud issues referred by the Helpdesk, students, faculty and staff.
CHANGE MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING – 10%
Employee is responsible for being directly involved in the Change Management and Planning processes for all the Linux Computing Environments. This includes communication, coordination, documentation, and organization of people, time and resources to ensure the business efforts of services is streamlined and efficient. Employee adheres and encourages the change management policies and procedures to ensure system change is controlled, monitored, documented, and communicated to co-workers, lab employees, ITS staff, and all customers.
• 2 years work experience with Linux/Unix Systems with at least one of those years as an Administrator.
• 1+ year experience with Virtual Machine Administration.
• Experience configuring, administering, coordinating applications and services using Client Server Systems.
• Experience providing customer service support for various computer application systems.
• experience using computer network technologies and implementing computer security practices.
• Demonstrated knowledge of deploying major manufacturer’s equipment.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field.
• 2+ years experience with RHEL Systems Administration.
• RHCSA Certification “Red Hat Certified System Administrator” (must show copy of earned certificate).
• 1+ years experience of Virtual Machine administration with VMware Vsphere 5.×.
• Experience with VMware VCloud Suite.
• 1+ years experience with Higher Education IT Services.
• Experience with OVM “Oracle Virtual Machine”, server virtualization from Oracle Corporation.
• Experience with “Banner by Ellucian”, the world’s leading Higher Education ERP.
• Experience with Oracle Data Base.
• Demonstrated understanding through application of Cloud Technologies.
• Knowledge in the design and deployment of enterprise-level services.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience deploying major manufacturer’s equipment (i.e., HP, IBM, Dell, etc)
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.
Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.