Detailed Job Description
The Associate Dean will assist the Dean in all aspects of administration of the College of Aviation and Public Services with specific duties related to operational aspects of the School of Aviation Science. The Associate Dean will assist the Dean in planning for present and future needs of the College of Aviation and Public Services and promoting the goals and objectives of the College in a positive, cooperative, and visionary mode. Supervisory responsibilities of Administrative Staff, Aviation Science, Criminal Justice, Emergency Services, Utah Fire & Rescue Academy (UFRA) and Institute for Homeland Security.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an earned terminal degree, (doctorate preferred) in aviation sciences, emergency services, public administration or related field; or a master's degree in aviation science or related disciplines plus six years of industry experience. Three years administrative experience at the university level is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of aviation, emergency services, and public safety.
- Knowledge of educational technology and outcomes assessment.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Understanding of the issues affective the field of aviation sciences.
- Demonstrated commitment to student success.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.