Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/7/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The University of La Verne is a national, comprehensive doctoral/research institution located in Southern California at the eastern edge of Los Angeles County. Annually ranked as one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report and Forbes Magazine, the 122 year-old, non-profit university offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs to over 8,500 students on its main campus in La Verne, 11 regional campuses and other sites throughout California.
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) has an immediate opening for a Banner Student Programmer Analyst. This role will serve as the technical recourse in the design, development, and deployment of mission critical applications within the Ellucian ERP technology environment across the university. The Student Programmer Analyst will participate in the requirements assessment and analysis, and then develop the technology framework and process in accordance with the requirements. The Student Programmer Analyst will also be responsible for extensive data analysis and reporting, collaborating with constituents across the university with suggested solutions for problem resolution and process enhancement opportunities.
The university has implemented the Banner 8.X suite of applications (Student, Financial Aid, and Advancement, Banner Document Management System (BDMS) and implementing (HR and Financials). In addition, we support a diverse environment of applications (Recruiter, Blackboard, R25, etc) and database technologies, which include oracle 11g, cognos, operational data store (ODS), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), and many others.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a Higher Education environment as a Programmer or Programmer Analyst using Banner and other Ellucian Products (Student, Financial Aid, Student Account Receivable, Finance, Human Resource, and Advancement). Working as an Oracle developer outside of Higher Education would be an acceptable substitute. The candidate must possess a keen awareness and empathy in managing student, faculty, and staff expectations and be able a build solid relationship within his/her team and among the diverse constituencies at LaVerne. The candidate must demonstrate a strong ability to understand and define data models, data structure, and the manner in which data is consumed and processed by web and Banner applications.
- Primary support and maintain Banner Student Module by working closely with end users to define requirements, resolve issues, and modify code for implementation.
- Support Banner customizations and modify accordingly, so that they remain functional throughout Banner upgrades.
- Investigate, design, program and implement enhancements to ERP applications and other integrated applications.
- Work with all appropriate stakeholders to define and follow a realistic project plan for each assigned project.
- Work closely with functional team to ensure that the delivered capability meets departmental requirement, industry standards, and best practices
- Work with end-user organizations to determine requirements and coordinate testing of enhancements.
- Create, develop, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain current integrations between Banner and 3rd-party applications (either one or two-way).
- Provide end user support, including delivery of user, process documentation, and reports
- Keep abreast of latest Banner technologies and functionalities, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or information technology/systems.
- Minimum two years of programming/analysis experience with Oracle database technologies using SQL Plus, PL/SQL, and ODBC
- One year of proven hands-on experience working in Linux/Unix operation system environment
- Highly familiar with software development life-cycle phases including agile methodologies
- Ability to work with end users in determining proposed Banner solutions, including enabling standard functionality, as well as custom modifications to fulfill departmental needs.
- Ability to work both independently and closely with others according to project needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on programming/analysis experience in Banner/Ellucian ERP (Student, Financial Aid, Finance, Human Resource, Finance, Advancement, workflow)
- Experience creating and maintaining Banner customizations
- Experience with Cognos reporting tools
- Applications Development skill: SQL loader, TOAD or SQL Developer development environments, Pro C, Oracle Forms/Reports
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.