Detailed Job Description
The Adler School is founded on an important idea: Our health resides in our community life and connections. This is what drives our groundbreaking curricula and commitment to social responsibility, from our campuses in downtown Chicago and Vancouver and through Adler Online. We work with those courageous enough to want to change the world. Our doctoral and master's programs—many of them nationally recognized in fast-growing fields—prepare students to lead social change in the fields of psychology and mental health, criminal justice and public safety, business, public policy, and advocacy. In January 2015, we will become Adler University, a new name selected to support our vision as the leading academic institution advancing socially responsible practice, healthy communities, and a more just society. We are committed to quality through continuous process improvement and personal accountability. As a result, we seek professionals, who embrace life-long learning, present proactive solutions and drive results to support social responsibility from the classroom to the community.
The Facilities Director, reporting to the Vice President for Finance coordinates all aspects of building operations for 100,000 sf campus of rental property in downtown Chicago including overseeing maintenance, repairs, and renovations, and serves as the primary point of contact between the Chicago campus and building management. Responsibilities also include directing facilities operations, event management and other related services necessary for the operations of university facilities and the safety/security of students’ faculty, staff and visitors.
Life Safety Management
- Provide visionary short-and long-term range planning and guidance for the facilities in support of the mission, goals and budget of the institution.
- Determines long range space utilization plan through the development of a Facilities Master Plan to ensure cost effective, sustainable and quality improvements for the Chicago campus including planned growth to additional premises.
- Oversee construction build-out of new 30,000 sf campus in Vancouver, BC.. Monitor project for compliance, costs and quality control.
- Manage all aspects of 100,000 sf campus facility operations including all furniture, fixtures and non-IT equipment.
- Collaborate with institutional programs, departments and Leadership Team to oversee all space assignments. Assign offices and cubicles. Coordinate relocations.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of entire campus.
- Manage four staff employees plus additional security personnel.
- Provide leadership for OSHA compliance and to establish a safe campus environment in relation to physical facilities.
- Develop safety procedures and rules and ensure that university facilities are free from safety hazards and meet cleanliness standards.
- Supervise security personnel.
- Responsible for security policies and procedures including Clery Act and emergency management regulations and procedures.
- Manages response to emergencies such as fires, bomb threats, disturbances or building evacuations.
- Serves as a member of the Emergency Management Leadership Team.
- Manage vendors for phone / data, copiers, mobile phones, office supplies, office furniture.
- Work with Landlord to monitor and manage level of service provided by Engineers, Cleaning Staff, etc.
- Oversee the standard office supplies ordering process.
- Oversee extensive on-campus events involving internal and outside groups.
• A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Project Management or related field. • Knowledge of building materials and their use in the maintenance and repair of large buildings. • 10 or more years of related experience. • Comprehensive knowledge of standards and practices of space acquisition, utilization, and management. • Ability to develop short and long-range plans that meet established facility objectives and contribute to the overall goals and mission of the school. • Excellent communication skills, extremely well organized and able to multi-task in a fast past environment. • Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer It is the policy of Adler School of Professional Psychology that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The School does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.