Detailed Job Description
The Associate Vice President for Development at Quinnipiac University has principal responsibility for directing the University's fund development program. Managing staff and volunteers to maximize gift income for strategic initiatives is the primary responsibility of the Associate Vice President for Development
1.To plan and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan for the University's most important strategic initiatives.
2. Responsibility for the major gifts program designed to maximize private gifts from alumni, parents, friends, corporations and foundations to the University.
3. Work with Sr. Vice President for Academic Affairs and Deans to coordinate a comprehensive school/college-based fundraising program, including continuous training for Deans and faculty to enhance their participation in the development process.
4. Manage development staff dedicated to schools/colleges. Maintain a performance-based metrics to measure and monitor each development officer's activities and fundraising results.
5. Manage a portfolio of 100 major gift prospects for the purpose of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
6. Work with the Vice President for Development and Alumni Affairs, Associate Vice President for Advancement Services and Director of Development Research to manage the principal gift tracking system consisting of the University's top 100 donor prospects.
7. Provide timely reports to the Vice President for Development and Alumni Affairs for inclusion in the Board Quarterly and other reports as needed.
8. Work closely with the Associate Vice President for Alumni and Parent Relations to coordinate events that are strategically designed for the purpose of cultivating individuals for major gift solicitations.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Qualifications include a Bachelor's degree, excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrated effectiveness managing staff and volunteers, and a solid record of fundraising achievement.
A minimum of 7 years of experience as a development officer at a private college or university is required.
Ability to plan, manage and implement programs designed to increase gift income to the University.
Strong managerial and organizational skills also required.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach a resume/CV and cover letter outlining your relevant accomplishments and skills in development for this role.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the university community, and we welcome candidates who would enhance that diversity.