Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/20/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the direction of the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Dean, College of Aviation and Public Services will plan, coordinate, organize, and manage a major academic division of the University and serve as an official member of the Vice President's staff. The Dean will also keep abreast of and maintain state-of-the-art management and educational administration techniques and procedures.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Plan, maintain, and regularly evaluate curricula of programs in accordance with institutional standards and identify new curricula directions in program areas.
- Oversee the development of strategic and long-range educational plans as well as the allocation of human and fiscal resources in accordance with needs and within authorized limits.
- Prepare budgets and strategic plans for submission to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Approve expenditures by departments in the areas of personnel, travel, current expense, and capital.
- Establish and maintain open channels of communication by ensuring the regular meeting of department chairs, faculty, and advisory committees within the division.
- Initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with local educating agencies, other state and federal agencies, and civic and professional organizations.
- Prepare and review reports, evaluations, and other related materials for accrediting bodies and actively seek accreditation when appropriate.
- Develop programs of continuing education in coordination with other administrators.
- Organize and ensure the effective involvement of advisory committees.
- Authorize the employment of classified staff and recommend the appointment of faculty and professional and administrative staff to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Provide for a regular program of faculty and staff performance evaluation in accordance with college standards and policy.
- Recommend salary adjustments, leaves of absence, and tenure for faculty and staff.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.