Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/23/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Exciting opportunities in medical education are unfolding at Quinnipiac University. Our Frank H. Netter, M.D., School of Medicine anticipates welcoming its first class in the fall of 2013 and we are rapidly building our leadership team, who are committed to learning in a highly personalized, collaborative, student-centered community that promotes academic excellence. The new School of Medicine will become a national model for innovative interprofessional education focusing on primary care. Quinnipiac is also one of the few universities providing medical, nursing and health science students the opportunity to be educated alongside a full range of health care professionals. The Schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences are housed in our new state-of-the-art 180,000-square-foot facility located on our North Haven, Connecticut.
With direct supervision by and reporting to the Associate Dean for Admissions, the Director of Admissions will assist, supervise and manage a variety of activities within the Office of Medical Student Admissions.
- Responsible for the supervision and management of all day-to-day operations of the admissions office.
- Manage prospect inquiries and applications.
- Supervise the management of the online application system and maintain application files.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the admissions office's recruitment and marketing plan with the purpose of promoting the school's visibility and general recruitment efforts.
- Develop and foster partnerships with college pre-health advisors, academic advisors, and advisors of career centers.
- Develop and foster partnerships with national pre-medical/ pre-health student organizations.
- Manage all multimedia including, but not limited , to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and blogs for Medical School Admissions Office.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and execution of the department communication plan to prospective and admitted students.
- Develop and monitor statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting and operational efficiency.
- Supervise and manage support staff.
- Speak publicly to individuals and groups on and off campus about the School of Medicine and medical school admissions.
- Travel on behalf of the school for recruitment and other university related events.
- Work closely with the Assistant Dean for Health Career Pathways to ensure the recruitment and matriculation of a diverse student body.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
The followings characteristics, knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
- A Master's degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years of related experience in Admissions or Student Affairs in a university setting.
- Familiarity with online application systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and organizational skills
- A detail-oriented approach to responsibilities
- Ability to act with tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Demonstrated experience in making public presentations.
- Computer literacy, including database software, word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, and web searching, and the ability to compile and present data using Excel.
- Demonstrated capacity to represent the School of Medicine and its programs to a population with diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Experience with the use of multimedia tools
- Prior supervisory experience
- Willingness and ability to travel (domestically and internationally) and to work during weekends and evenings as needed.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner and use sound judgment at all times.
Please submit only a resume/CV and thoughtful cover letter describing your experience and how it relates to this role.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.